PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Knowing??

IamBelle
04-04-2009, 03:39 PM
I saw Knowing last night, I thought it was pretty good. I didn't think it would be as creepy as it was, but overall, I thought it was an excellent movie. Anyone have any comments??

WDWfanatic742
04-04-2009, 04:35 PM
[Spoiler alert, Maybe?] It was ok, just not really what I was expecting. The special effects were really some of the best that I have seen, but the sci-fi portion at the end really killed it for me. The story is actually believable until it gets to the creepy alien parts to the end. Yeah it's true a paper that predicts that stuff isn't believable, but you never know what might be out there...

dmosher
04-04-2009, 04:53 PM
This one looks interesting but I had never heard of it. Maybe being out here New Zealand we are not the first to get religious/sci-fi fims heheh. Guess we will see, but I am guessing there is a reason I have never heard of this title. Just a hunch.
:pipes:
D

ASweetLov
04-04-2009, 06:15 PM
I want to see this movie, it looks really good

tinkerbelle75
04-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Saw it the night it opened with my daughter, and she loved it but I felt like 2 different people wrote the beginning and the end. I loved the first hour, then it got a bit too sci-fi for me. Not exactly a waste of money, but not as good as I thought it would be.

Boojum
04-04-2009, 07:40 PM
I thought it was an interesting story, but not what I was expecting. The plane crash effects were excellent, but the alien planet and stuff were a little hokey.

What I liked about it was that the hero didn't save the world--he saved the children, then went back to his family. I liked that he reconciled with his father, and I loved it when his dad said "This isn't the end" right before the city was destroyed. It was uplifting in a strange kind of way.

motherof4
04-04-2009, 08:21 PM
I liked that he reconciled with his father, and I loved it when his dad said "This isn't the end" right before the city was destroyed. It was uplifting in a strange kind of way.

I think this is what they were going for because Nicholas Cage was on a talk show and he said at the end, some people would feel uplifting while others would feel scared while others would be a combination of both.

Pagan
04-06-2009, 10:13 AM
I thought it was excellent.

pandkx3
04-06-2009, 11:04 AM
It was just "ok" for me. :mickey:

Dragongirlx
04-06-2009, 11:27 AM
I am afraid to say that I hated every minute of it. I felt that the ending was tacked on and the religous sci fi motive just annoyed me. I also felt it was too dark in places but this is just my opinion.
Nicholas Cage was good though

Yvette
04-06-2009, 02:30 PM
What I liked about it was that the hero didn't save the world--he saved the children, then went back to his family. I liked that he reconciled with his father, and I loved it when his dad said "This isn't the end" right before the city was destroyed. It was uplifting in a strange kind of way.

I kind of agree with this, I was saddened by the whole end of the world thing, but I like happy endings. :blush:

It almost seemed like two different movies: the mystery and then the whole alien ending.
No matter, I always love to watch Nicholas.