PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Question going from 2 to 3 during stay?

javamama
04-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Dh and I are tossing around the idea of going back in August w/our little family for 5 days so we'd get free dining and dd would turn 3 the day after we arrive, and dh would also have a bday our last day--crazy trip so we'd get free dining. So how the heck would I book the trip for dd, techinically she'd still be two when we arrive, so she's free for the first day then we'd have to pay for her--I don't really mind since it's free dining--but to me it's all tricky--kwim? Plus the two bdays in there--crazy stuff.

faline
04-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Not to worry. Disney counts children for the duration of the trip as they age they were when you checked in. If your daughter will be 2 when you check in, you will still not have to buy her ticket etc. for the duration of this trip.

javamama
04-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks, does she get the bday deal though--I just think it's cute the big deal they show on the TV---she love the balloons w/Mickey, and then her daddy gets the same deal later in the trip--kwim?

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Since DD is 2, she counts as an "infant" for the whole trip, and you don't have to pay for her ticket, etc.

But, since you're not paying for anything, she doesn't get any of the official birthday "perks", like the gift card or fastpass, but I am sure that the CM's as the restaurants and in the park will make a big deal of her birthday.

javamama
04-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks, I maybe better off arriving on her bday then since she's my little eater-kwim? I know you gets tons of food still w/the DDP but this way the other bday perks make it special too.

peemagg
04-06-2009, 12:24 PM
If it were me and I really wanted my daughter to be able to take advantage of the birthday perks, I would just mark her as age 3 at time of visit. Although this means that you will have to buy park tickets for her for the whole trip. What is one day really?