PDA

View Full Version : Mansfield Family Trip March 2009

Townie
04-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Just got back. As always the parks were great and crowds were very managable. I must say however there were lots of grumpy cast members around. We got there just as layoffs were being announced.

First time staying at pop and I must say I was completely disappointed with the service there. We did the new pre-check in on line so that we could just pick up our keys and go. There was just one cast member in this line and they had a problem couple. I stood in this line for over an hour waiting to be served. There was only one additional family in front of me.

Maid service was terrible. Our room was never really cleaned for the first five days. One day we asked for additional towels and left the old ones on the floor in the main room to be picked up. The towels were left on the floor. The air conditioning does not go above 68 degrees. We are hot heads so we took the comforters off the bed. When we got back to the room the beds were made but the comforters were left on the floor. No counters or sinks were cleaned. On Sunday, I had enough and complained on Monday we had a new mousekeeper named Percy he was great!

On our last day we had a 7:40 PM flight. We got our departing info that morning on our door. We packed our bags and went to bring them down to airline check in (we had magical express) and were told it was too late. The check in had to be by 1 PM. It was 1:05. They said that included in my package that morning was an orange card showing the times. I showed them it was not there. They said sorry but nothing they could do. I have an autistic son so this was a big issue for me as we would have to do it all at the airport. They stored the bags for us and told us to be out by the bus at 4 PM We got there at 3:50 and claimed our bags. The bus came we put our luggage by the curb. The driver asked for our vouchers, I showed him our boarding passes and he said I needed the vouchers or could not get on. He said they were in the package, I showed that they were not included. He made me go back to check in and have them print them. I did then he told me to move my luggage onto the bus myself so I did

Ughhh

Still love the parks though

faline
04-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Sorry to hear you ran into some issues. I hope that, overall, the good in your trip outweighed the bad!

pink
04-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I was there the same time. We were also having issues with the AC. I'm sorry to hear about the ME. My brother is austistic, so I know how much of a hassle it can be to deal with unwanted change. I'm glad you had a great trip otherwise! :mickey:

pdrlkr
04-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the Report :(

vizsla
04-05-2009, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the report.

javamama
04-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Ok that is really poor service all around. We had a checkin deal w/the airline part at WLV once they bent over backwards to get the bags done for us---I really loathe laziness. Glad you had a good trip besides the poor or lack of service--I'd been thru the roof your better than me:thumbsup:

castlelady36
04-06-2009, 03:25 PM
I think I would have complained after the first night of not such great service..I mean you are in Disney after all. Sorry you had such a problem getting back to the airport but I hope the weather was good!!!

SBETigg
04-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Sounds like you had some glitches. Glad you kept your spirits up and still love the parks!

princessgirls
04-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks for your report!
Sorry you had some problems.

Julie:mickey: