PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree w DHS touring plan?

Crow
04-04-2009, 02:10 PM
plan of attack according to unofficial plan for DHS: be there at opening, ride RnR, then TOT (get fastpass if over 30 min) then ToyStory Mid Mania.
do you think that TSMM will be too crowded already if I hit it 3rd during Easter Wk? otherwise i am going to try and follow the plans some, which Ive never done since Ive always gone at slower times.

Celestria
04-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Here is my suggestion. Hit toy story first. that fill up FAST FAST FAST. and hey, while you're there, get a fast pass to do it again! at least.. that's what i would do. then go to those other two

It'sWDW4me
04-04-2009, 02:16 PM
I was down in late August last year (lighter crowds, I'm sure, than Easter week) and the FP for TSMM were gone by 10:00 am. I'd suggest getting an FP for that first thing - then head to RnR & ToT.

Have a fantastic trip!

GINNY69
04-04-2009, 04:13 PM
I agree with the two other posts.. Go get a FP for Toy Story Mania.. Don't wait because you will be disappointed if they are all gone and then you end up waiting in a very long line.. So be there at rope drop and just run and follow the crowd they are all heading to Toy Story Mania...

Mousemates
04-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Put me in the TSM first category as well...we tried doing ToT and RnR first on a recent trip and by the time we got to TSM our fastpass return time was way late in the afternoon (on a day we had planned on leaving the park earlier).

JPL
04-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Definately hit TSM first unless you want wait about 2 hours in the stand by line. Then head over to ToT & RNRC and get a FP for one and wait for the other.

sainter
04-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Definately hit TSM first unless you want wait about 2 hours in the stand by line. Then head over to ToT & RNRC and get a FP for one and wait for the other.

What he said! :thumbsup:

Crow
04-05-2009, 02:42 PM
just checked a holiday version of the plan & it says to do TSMM first then RnR & TOT so thats what i will do.

CaptSmee
04-05-2009, 04:17 PM
if you want to ride TSM without a 2 hour wait, get a fastpass first thing, then head over and ride RNR & TOT. Fastpasses are pretty much gone daily no matter what the time of year by around 10am (yes, even in Jan)

thejens
04-06-2009, 01:50 PM
I absolutely love the Unofficial Guide and always use their touring plans, but IMHO the studios plan is the only one that doesn't work as well. Maybe because this park just isn't as good as the others. There are too many scheduled show and not enough rides to enjoy. There are only three really good rides and they get everyone at once. I do agree with everyone's advice here.

KAJUNKING
04-06-2009, 02:19 PM
just checked a holiday version of the plan & it says to do TSMM first then RnR & TOT so thats what i will do.

correct, the holiday plan says to do tsmm first

egospotter
04-09-2009, 10:22 PM
I was surprised when I saw that plan in the '09 guide. We went in September last year when it was 5 minute waits for everything and TSM was at least an hour unless you were in line when it opened!

I recently joined touringplans.com, the unofficial guide's website which has the plans on it and they have revised the DHS plan to have Toy Story first and then RnR and ToT, the rest of the plan is the same. I think that is one of the free ones they offer on the site so you might want to check that out for changes.

Daddy Mouse
04-10-2009, 04:32 PM
if you want to ride TSM without a 2 hour wait, get a fastpass first thing, then head over and ride RNR & TOT. Fastpasses are pretty much gone daily no matter what the time of year by around 10am (yes, even in Jan)

This would and will be our plan.

dmosher
04-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Yes, if you can handle all of it at once, try Toy Story Mania, then Rock n Roller Coaster and then Tower of Terror. The odds of getting right on to any of them are slim unless you are there at gate drop. Personally, I like to shoot over to TSM, get a fast pass then to one of the other two. After that come back to TSM, ride, get a fast pass for the other one I didn't pick, then go get food, or see a show, and come back later. Breaks up the day a bit.
:pipes:
D