PDA

View Full Version : Water Parks by season

azcavalier
04-04-2009, 01:24 PM
So, we have reserved our free DDP for the beginning of October. We're planning to stay about seven days, and we're thinking about taking a day and trying one of the water parks. We've never been to either of them, and everything I know about them I've learned from reading their pages on this site.

Are they open year-round? Have any of you been there that late in the season, and what did you think? How was the weather? Just wondering if we're going to freeze our tushies off.

The food offerings don't look particularly appealing. We'll see what we do about that.

CaptSmee
04-04-2009, 10:29 PM
The waterparks are almost open year round, they close for a few months each during the off season opposite each other so 1 is always open. The weather in Oct is usually warm enough to swim.

I prefer Typhoon Lagoon myself. The wave pool is superior, the water slide are superior, and the lazy creek is better. The themeing of Blizzard Beach is a wow factor, but it's very lush and tropical looking at Typhoon Lagoon.

Cinderelley
04-12-2009, 03:24 AM
I like both water parks, so I can't advise you on which one to attend. I can tell you that you will not freeze your tushies off. I'm a desert rat (born and bred in the Southwest) and get cold out here if it's below 75 degrees. Last year we hit Blizzard Beach in September, and I was just fine.

dmosher
04-12-2009, 04:16 AM
We have done it in Sept and will do it again this year in Sept and Oct. The weather will be fine and warm enough, don't worry.
:pipes:
D

kathiep
04-12-2009, 09:02 AM
We've always gone in late September and the weather has been fine.

Since we started visiting with our kids, they were too young at first to consider going to the water parks. We tried it for the first time last year and I have to say it was the unexpected highlight of our trip. It was a terrific, relaxing, fun day. Go and enjoy!

Piglet822
04-12-2009, 09:51 AM
The water is heated but it's still quite warm down here thru September and October, I think you'll be fine :)

dancin Disney style
04-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Adding the WP&M option to your tickets is a great deal. It will cost you $50 and get you the same number of admissions as your theme park admissions. If you pay for a single day admission it will cost you $40.

The WP's are a ton of fun and actually relaxing.

The food is your basic WDW CS food. Burgers, chicken nuggets, etc. However, you can bring in a cooler if you want to bring yourself a picnic. Just no glass containers.