PDA

View Full Version : Gratuities on credit card

DMBfan
04-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to just charge gratuities for table service to your credit card if you are on the dining plan? We usually do not carry a lot of cash, thanks to the wonderful world of visa check cards.

Thanks in advance!

DisneyGlutton
04-04-2009, 02:09 PM
First off, welcome to Intercot!:welcome:

To answer your question, yes of course its possible--that's the only way I do it when I go, especially if I order a drink or additional appetizer. I'm not going to carry around hundreds of dollars on my trip, lol.

dmosher
04-04-2009, 06:43 PM
This can be done, in fact when you get your bill, if they know you are on the dining plan the only thing that should appear is the gratuity. Either way, when you pay just specify it to your server or the Cm at the counter. They will explain how it works for next time.
Welcome to Intercot!
:pipes:
D

DisneyGlutton
04-04-2009, 07:09 PM
This can be done, in fact when you get your bill, if they know you are on the dining plan the only thing that should appear is the gratuity.

This hasn't exactly been my experience. At every TS location I've ever dined at, I've always gotten the full bill first, then after I give them my Key to the Kingdom with my DDP info on it, the dessert etc is taken care of and I can fill out the gratuity and charge it.

GINNY69
04-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Yeah we usually charge gratuties on our credit card also...it's so much easier than carrying cash around..:D

BMan62
04-04-2009, 08:52 PM
I just have charging privileges put on my KTTW card and use it for gratuities. That way I can be in the parks with less than $20 in my pocket.

DMBfan
04-05-2009, 07:33 AM
I figured there was a way to be able to at least use our KTTW card, but good to know I can do it either way.

I know it seemed like a kind of silly question, but I have run into an issue with other restuarants in the past. Like when we have a coupon for a free meal, so our bill is effectively $0.00, then they have nothing to run on the credit card machine to get to the "tip" line on the print out on the receipt.

Thank you all for your help!

TheRustyScupper
04-05-2009, 07:36 AM
1) Yes.
2) Disney is very thoughtful.
3) They let you pay with any method you desire.
4) Aren't they great?

prttynpnk
04-05-2009, 08:17 AM
I just have charging privileges put on my KTTW card and use it for gratuities. That way I can be in the parks with less than $20 in my pocket.

That's the way to go! :cool:

Hull-onian
04-05-2009, 11:54 AM
We've always paid cash for tipping. When we get the total bill, whatever it is, on the tip line we write Paid Cash. Sounds weird, but we do it anyways.:blush:

spoiledraf
04-06-2009, 02:03 PM
We've always paid cash for tipping. When we get the total bill, whatever it is, on the tip line we write Paid Cash. Sounds weird, but we do it anyways.:blush:

Trust me, it's not wierd. We had lunch at a Perkins restaurant about two years ago and left a cash tip and paid the bill at the counter with a credit card. For what ever reason, my wife noticed when the MC bill came that they added to the bill 15% on the 'gratuity" line. She called the manager and confronted him about it and oddly enough, he remembered doing it. Words exchanged, name calling, but no offer to make it right other than to give us back the 3-4 dollars he added to the tip.

The moral of the story, write something or just draw a line through the gratuity line to let them know you left cash. :mad:

But yes, we still do go back to the smae restaurant and we never did get our $3.00 back. Life goes on. :mickey:

On another note, if they tell you if there are 8 or more in your party, there is automatically an 18% gratuity added. It will be on your bill from the start so don't leave any extra. This didn't happen to us at Disney but it was a large bill with a lot of people and we just split the total and figured the tip on it and left that too. (We had all had a few beverages and weren't too stable at the time.) When we got home (We had been to an ND football game) we looked at the receipt and we were a bit peeved to say the least.