PDA

View Full Version : All Veterans, No Rookies- Day 3

pink
04-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Cast-
Me, 19- All around Disney lover and aficionado.-13th trip

DB (brother), 12- Disney enthusiast, could and would sing you any Disney song.-7th trip

DM (mom), 46- Child at heart, loves everything about Disney World.- 12th trip

DD (dad), 46- Not such a fan but is willing to be a trooper and join us.- 11th trip

Hotel-
Pop Century

Days-
March 12th- 17th

Day 3- DM's birthday and Hollywood Studios

Today was not only a full day in DHS but also our DM's 47th birthday. She was shocked to come in our room that morning to find the room fully decorated with presents and even a birthday cake which was got at the Pop's food court. I couldn't eat it but everyone else said it was pretty good. We play a special birthday game each year where the birthday girl or boy has to answer trivia questions, if they get it right then they get to pop a balloon which either holds a present number or a trick they have to do.

One of DM's tricks was she had to go outside on the balcony and sing it's a small world while jumping up and down on one foot and she actually did it!

After present-opening and our cake eating celebration we headed out of the room at 11:30. The problem of the day was, our Sci-Fi lunch reservation was for 11:40. We went straight to Guest Services and they actually got us a 12:20 reservation at the last minute. It must be that birthday magic. DM's got her birthday giftcard and birthday pin and off we went to Toy Story Mania.

It was having technical diffulculties so instead we went to Muppets 3D. By this time it was already time for lunch at the Sci-Fi. Our waiter, Drew was very nice and asked where our "hitchikers" in the back of our car were from. They were from Canada and were also very nice. At the end of the meal Drew presented DM with a card signed by the other CM's and an ice-cream sundae.

After lunch, DB and I went on Star Tours. I realize now that my motion sickness must be getting worse but I couldn't really handle it, I looked down the whole time but DB loved it.

We then went back to Toy Story Mania but the fastpass line was out of the building so we decided to come back to it later.

We headed straight over to the Rock N Roller Coaster and had a rockin time :thumbsup:. We took a little drink break and then it was time for the Tower of Terror.

DD sat this one out, he has yet to go on it after so many years of going to Disney World. We loved it, I got a gold Hollywood Tower Hotel key, keychain and a ring for service bell. DB got this Pirates necklace, we don't know why it was in the TOT gift shop. DB was getting tired at this point but I convinced him if he tried Toy Story Mania he would love it so we went for it.

Thankfully, the lines were shorter and off we went. DD won, DM got 2nd place, I got 3rd and DB got 4th. DB loved it so much he asked to do it again right after and the rest of the crew happily obliged. I believe we have a new favorite my friends.

While we were waiting to load for the second time we were right next to the CM operating the ride. He saw my DM's bday pin and made the whole line sing Happy Birthday to her. He then said "Say hi to Rebecka" which is my name and I was confused because I didn't have a pin that said my name. He then informed us that he was talking about his co-worker who was named Rebecca. For a second, I thought it was a mindreader. He was a really nice guy, too bad I can't remember this name though. We left the park for the day and that night we went to Rob Lobster. DB tried lobster for the first time and liked it. We had a great day.:mickey:

Next up: Animal Kingdom

Goofeygal
04-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Sounds like a great trip!!!! Makes me really excited because I am leaving in 8 days!!!!!

SBETigg
04-04-2009, 01:47 PM
So glad your mom had a happy birthday! Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
04-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Very Nice post- great to hear you had some birthday magic.

faline
04-04-2009, 03:30 PM
What a lovely birthday day for your mother!

jillluvsdisney
04-04-2009, 05:34 PM
What a sweet thing to do for your Mom. I love it.:number1:

pdrlkr
04-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Hull-onian
04-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Happy Birthday to your Mom!!:party: All the trip reports are great.

vizsla
04-06-2009, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the report.

Disneywarrior
04-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Great day at DHS! Thanks for reporting!

the other micki
04-12-2009, 12:16 AM
I enjoyed reading your reports! I like the tradition of trivia questions and balloon popping. Maybe I'll have to try it...

FamilyofDisneyFreaks
04-12-2009, 01:38 PM
What a special birthday for your mom! I can't wait to read about Animal Kingdom!

Lodger
04-12-2009, 11:09 PM
So Pink, when are you going to post your report from AK. Don't leave us hanging here.

pink
04-18-2009, 02:33 PM
So Pink, when are you going to post your report from AK. Don't leave us hanging here.

Sorry everyone! I was actually on another trip for a few days to Boston. I'm working on the others day as we speak :mickey: