PDA

View Full Version : Combining Vero and WDW

mouseketeer mom
04-04-2009, 08:55 AM
What are your thoughts on this? Vero first? WDW first? Do you fly into Orlando for Vero beach? We're thinking 2 nights Vero, 6 at WDW for August. How tricky is this? Worth it?

buzznwoodysmom
04-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Hey Lisa,

I'd do Vero after WDW just because its a nice relaxing change after a busy WDW vacation. Kind of a vacation after your vacation. On the other hand if you think it will be hard for your family to leave WDW to go to a different destination then maybe you'd enjoy doing Vero first. It all depends on what you think will flow better for your family. We did Vero first last summer and I thought we would have enjoyed it more to do WDW first, but it was still a great trip! I think you'll love Vero Beach. Its such a clean beautiful resort. It was very disney-like. I didn't think they could capture that same disney feel we love in WDW, but they really did a great job. Could you do Vero in the middle, or is that out of the question? After our trip last summer Kevin and I both said Vero would be a great break in the middle of a summer WDW vacation. Of course that means a good bit of moving around and thats definitely not for everyone. Good luck figuring it all out!

hlkeck
04-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I would rather fly into MCO than the airport nearer to Vero (Jacksonville maybe?) it was small and a bit scary flying in...maybe it was just the airline that we flew, dunno. BUT, we went to Vero for a couple days, WDW in the middle, back to VERO. Very fun. But I agree with the last poster - do WDW first, Vero next. We had a blast at Vero and found it to be very relaxing. Definitely different than the parks - but there are characters at meals. We enjoyed that as well...

Fortgoofy97
04-05-2009, 01:29 PM
We flew into Orlando, stayed 3 days at WDW then 2 days at Vero and back for 3 days at WDW. It was great! Vero was a nice break. The resort stored our bags so we only took a small bag to Vero with us. We are already planning our next trip possible Aug 09 with Vero in the middle again, probably 3 days at Vero. The drive from WDW is about 60-90 min depend on speed and weather, very easy to get to. You will love Vero, we tried to stay another night but couldn't get a room, almost hated having to go back to WDW!

Ed
04-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I would rather fly into MCO than the airport nearer to Vero (Jacksonville maybe?) ...

More likely it was Melbourne; Jacksonville is 200 miles north of Vero.

Vero Beach is one of our very favorite resorts. Being only 75 miles from our home, we head down there fairly often, and have spent many enjoyable days and nights there.

I agree with others that Vero is the perfect place to unwind, relax, and treat your foot blisters after an active stay at WDW.

Tigerinvestigator
04-07-2009, 09:54 AM
We did this several years ago. We stayed 8 nights at AKL then drove down for two nights at Vero Beach. If I had to do it over again I would go to Vero first. Vero Beach really didn't do alot to help our Disney blues and it was kinda depressing being away from the parks. Also we were ready to get home and this put us an extra two hours further from home. I would have enjoyed it much more knowing we had a week at wdw coming!:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
04-10-2009, 08:47 AM
We did this several years ago. We stayed 8 nights at AKL then drove down for two nights at Vero Beach. If I had to do it over again I would go to Vero first. Vero Beach really didn't do alot to help our Disney blues and it was kinda depressing being away from the parks. Also we were ready to get home and this put us an extra two hours further from home. I would have enjoyed it much more knowing we had a week at wdw coming!:thumbsup:

Thats kind of what I'm thinking too...thanks!

debaudrn
04-11-2009, 06:35 PM
I think just the opposite. WE have on many trips been to WDW first then drive to Vero and unwind for a few days before heading home. This gives everyone a chance to "recover" from the parks and just hang out. My kids are now 16, 19 and 21 and love to do this. They are quite agreeable to getting up early in WDW when they know I will let them sleep as late as they want once we get to Vero. We have been oftne in August and done this. In fact I just finished booking today for August 2009. They can't wait.
Debbie

doombuggy
04-15-2009, 12:49 PM
We stayed at Vero a couple of years ago - very relaxing! :thumbsup:

I would definately save it for the end of the trip. I loved this resort!

TinksDH
04-17-2009, 07:29 PM
We stay at Vero about every second or third year, and combine it with a trip to WDW. We do WDW first, then drive down to Vero for a 4-5 night stay. To us, Vero is a great way to unwind and reminisce about our recent WDW trip. Instead of being all sad about leaving WDW, you get to have a great beach vacation to make you forget about leaving WDW! :thumbsup: