PDA

View Full Version : T-rex restaurant in DTD

castlelady36
04-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Anyone dined here yet? We have ressies in June and wondered if it was a carbon copy of Rain Forest Cafe or something really different. From the promos it looks pretty neat but wanted to get some opinions.

Tinksalot
04-03-2009, 04:37 PM
We went last friday and the food was better than Rain Forest Cafe IMO. I was pleasantly surprised. :mickey:

LuvsTigger80
04-03-2009, 05:11 PM
i will have to agree with the previous poster.... the food is better at T rex. We went there in Jan for my son's birthday and had fun.

disneymom15
04-03-2009, 05:13 PM
We ate there last Dec. and really enjoyed it. I found the menu was much more to my liking. We'll be going back in Aug/Sept.

JCDarzi
04-03-2009, 05:30 PM
We ate at TRex a couple of weeks ago during our Springbreak. The restaurant is a wonder to look at. We thought the food was better than Rainforest Cafe. The only thing we didn't like was we thought the restaurant was awfully loud. My husband and I had to shout to talk to one another across the table. My kids (DD5 & DS3) seemed to be a little overwhelmed by all the sound and effects (none were scary, just a lot of visual effect). They did love the sandpit area where kids can dig for fossils. We had a hard time getting them out of there before and after dinner.

mickey&missy
04-03-2009, 06:00 PM
We ate there is January. We've never been to RFC so I can't compare the 2. But, we enjoy it a lot! The food was the same or a little better then you'd get at any standard chain restaurant. The restaurant itself was very neat and an experience in and of itself!

dmosher
04-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Initially though the images posted of T-Rex looked cool I was hesitant to bother adding it to our "must-eat" selections in Sept. However, with the reviews coming out now saying how good the food is, we may actually put it on the list. It definitely sounds less like another Rain Forest Cafe knock off and more like an interesting signature dining experience. May be worth a try after all. Thanks for the reviews!
:pipes:
D

Tinksalot
04-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Try the "Chocolate Extinction" for dessert. Yum... Definately need to share it though! :thumbsup: