PDA

View Full Version : Extra Special Trip at CR for Mom

beksy
04-03-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm taking Mom and my sister (well my sister and I are splitting the cost and taking Mom, I'm just planning) to WDW from Dec. 29, 2009 to Jan. 10, 2010. This will be Mom's first time staying in the World or experiencing dining, DTD, or anything other than the parks. Her health isn't the best so we are trying to make this trip extra-special for her. The CR is her favorite from riding through it on the monorail all those trips and dreaming of staying there one day. We have also booked a tower room with MK view. She has good days and bad so may end up spending the majority of a couple of days in bed...we can never tell. Since we convinced her to go, I'd like to get some info together and e-mail her a little something each day. I've never been to the CR except to eat at Chef Mickey's so can anyone tell me "hidden secrets" or fun facts or just interesting info or things not to miss? Any info about the rooms and food in the resort would be appreciated too. TIA!! :mickey:

DreamFinder2
04-03-2009, 11:25 PM
You're a great daughter! I'm sure your mom will love the trip.

One of the best parts of the CR, in my opinion, is the 15th floor observation deck...also where Cali Grill is located. I'd make an ADR for CG at some point and make sure you take a trip to the outside observation deck while you're there. There's also a 4th floor observation area open to anyone, not just restaurant patrons like the 15th floor.

Interesting fact: there's a 5-legged goat in one of the HUGE mosaics in the lobby.

andreallybadeggs
04-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Watching the fireworks from the balcony was one of the highlights of our CR stay.
Take her on a monorail ride at a quiet time during the day and tell the CM's you'll wait so she can ride up front. Make sure you have your camera.
Prayers and a little pixie dust that you will have a wonderful trip with your precious Mom.