PDA

View Full Version : Need Help & Suggestions...

Nini5055
04-03-2009, 02:31 PM
My dd7 said this morning that she wants to cut her hair short "but not like a boy". Her hair is just below her shoulder blades and her bangs are nearly grown out (thank goodness!!!). Her hair is thick and very wavy, curly ...kind of beachy like. However, right now her hair gets extremely tangled (no matter how often it is brushed or what product I use) and is horrible to comb out every single morning.

I dislike the should length on her as her face is round and it makes it look more round!!! :D

I was wondering about no bangs and slightly longer than chin length...enough to accomodate the curls & waves and BE chin length and just allowing her hair to go with the natural waves & curls.

Any suggestions???:confused:

Stitchahula
04-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Maybe she just wants a little change. Try having the front angled starting at the chin. try doing long layers throughout the rest. If she has really curly/wavey hair the shorter it gets the more curl you have to it. Have her think about the summer when all her friends have to dry their hair and stuff and all she needs to do is wash and go. Hope this helps a little.

Nini5055
04-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the input. :thumbsup:

DD7 was already saying how she was starting to get HOT with long hair and how it would be hot in the summer.

She is just such a cutie pie and was SO bent on growing her hair it makes me wonder why she is so willing to cut it now. :confused:

{{{sigh}}} Don't know if I will ever know. :D

dmosher
04-03-2009, 05:26 PM
If she is a Tink fan, you can always go for a slightly longer pixie cut!:
pipes:
D

Disneyatic
04-03-2009, 11:07 PM
My DD is 9 and she inherited her hair from her grandmother on her dad's side....it's not quite curly, very thick and borders on frizzy...UGH
Your DD's hair sounds more curly from the description....but just in case, a word of caution....the shorter it gets, the more tendency there is for frizz instead of curls. We learned that the hard way when she wanted to cut hers short.
We have had to let it grow out because the weight of it being longer helps it stay more tamed.

But, if your DD has curly hair, I think that curly shorter hair is SO cute!

Nini5055
04-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Thank you all for your kind words!!! I was worried that she would get it cut short and hate it. :(

However, she insisted that she get it cut short so we did a bob just below her chin. She LOVES it!!!! It is MUCH easier with her hair type to comb out in the morning and she is now able to do it herself. :thumbsup:

It has a beachier look because of her waves & curls and her growing out bangs were blended in (angled) on the sides so she can do a middle part or a side part. Very CUTE!!!:cloud9: