PDA

View Full Version : Getting ADRs during Free Dining

ljv1975
04-02-2009, 09:59 PM
For those of you who have visited during free dining in the past, how hard has it been to get the reservations you wanted? I know in the past you could make them 180 days out, so I'm thinking it may be even harder now since it's only 90.
Would you say it compares to a busy time of year? Just wondering what I should expect!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-02-2009, 10:19 PM
We've been twice during free dining, when ADR's were 90-days (at least the first time, I can't remember about the 2nd time), and I called at 7am SHARP at the 90-day mark and I was able to get everything I wanted.

ADR's are so much more important during free-dining, but the average Disney visitor still doesn't realize that there are places you need to book right at the 90-day mark.

Since everyone is in the same boat, I wouldn't let the 90-day vs 180-day booking window worry you, but I wouldn't miss the 90-day mark either.

wdwnomad
04-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Popular ones are hard to get if you don't book at your window. Also, if you wait to make then you still might get into a place but it might be for lunch or a 9:00 dinner. So I think the earlier you book the better your chances of getting into the places you want and at the times you want.

As for the new 90 day window, I think it will be the same as before. Everyone is on the same window opening schedule so no one has an advantage. I think the challenge now with making ADR's is their new system. When calling the wait times can be terrible and you end up on hold for over an hour. Then once you get through the system can be slow making your ADR's.

Nini5055
04-03-2009, 10:49 AM
I had no problems making ADR's during free dining. I did not wait on hold...maybe because of when I called.:confused: We upgraded to Deluxe Dining while using free dining and even did two dinner shows.

We enjoyed every place we went...including Coral Reef, PSB Akershus, CRT, CP, Chef Mickey, Cape May...it was all good. :thumbsup:

My advice would be to map out where you want to be on what day and plan out what restaurants you want and the approximate times. Be flexible and you should have no problems.

:mickey:

Goes4FastPass
04-03-2009, 11:37 AM
...ADR's are so much more important during free-dining, but the average Disney visitor still doesn't realize that there are places you need to book right at the 90-day mark... but I wouldn't miss the 90-day mark either.What he said. Yes. indeed.

Nicki'sMom
04-04-2009, 10:47 AM
We ALWAYS go during free dining and we have always gone in Sept. This time we are going Aug 17-22. I am a little worried that the crowds will be heavier so I am going to call at 7am 90 days out. But in the past I have called on that day or a couple days after and have always gotten what I want. Even lunch at the castle. So we will see what this year brings.:)

TheRustyScupper
04-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Actually . . .

1) ADR's during free dining are no harder than other times.
2) It is a matter of attendance, not DDP and not free dining.
3) There are more guests than restaurant seats.
4) Unless attendance is down, ADR's are still up.

crltkcagle
04-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I went once during free dining and some places were booked but some weren't. I think it depends on when you are going during free dining. We went during the 2nd week of September and it wasn't too bad.