PDA

View Full Version : Airline ME question

Trae
04-02-2009, 09:22 PM
This is my first post. I am leaving in 2 weeks and had planned on driving. I looked at Southwest and notice the prices at a resonable price. I am thinking about flying now. My question is that I have already paid for trip through Disney. Would I just call them with my flight info to use ME or is it too late? Any help will be apprciated. Thanks:mickey:

DizneyRox
04-02-2009, 09:26 PM
It's probably too late for the yellow tags, but you should still be able to get the bus.

Call them, give them your info. YOu'll probably be told to get your luggage first and bring it to the check-in counter. From there it will be loaded on your bus and taken with you.

Southwest is my only airline, actually just saved a bundle because the flights went down in price. I don't bother with any other airlines.

BMan62
04-02-2009, 09:26 PM
This is my first post. I am leaving in 2 weeks and had planned on driving. I looked at Southwest and notice the prices at a resonable price. I am thinking about flying now. My question is that I have already paid for trip through Disney. Would I just call them with my flight info to use ME or is it too late? Any help will be apprciated. Thanks:mickey:

You could certainly try calling DME with your information. I don't know if they can get you the yellow bag tags in time, so you might have to schlep your own bags, but you should be able to get the transportation from the airport to your resort and back.

CleveRocks
04-03-2009, 07:48 AM
[QUOTE=BMan62;1861736] I don't know if they can get you the yellow bag tags in time, so you might have to schlep your own bags, but you should be able to get the transportation from the airport to your resort and back.

First of all, there is a 100% chance that you will be able to use DME. The "official" cut-off is 10 days prior to the trip, but I've heard of that rule being bent by several days ... you won't have a problem.

The bigger issue here is that YOU DON'T NEED THE YELLOW TAGS TO ENJOY THE LUGGAGE DELIVERY BENEFIT.

Since before Day One almost 4 years ago, DME has had a set procedure in place to help guests who did not DME-tag their bags, but yet still want DME to handle their bags. The procedure is, you skip baggage claim and go to the DME counter just like everyone else. They will ask if you tagged your bags. You'll answer no. They'll ask for the numbers from your baggage claim tickets, as well as a physical description of each bag. They will dispatch a CM to go to baggage claim and claim your bags for you. The CM will then take the bags back behind-the-scenes, and will print out a DME tag for each bag (these replacement tags will be white instead of yellow). The CM will get get these bags on their way with the rest of the regular DME luggage to DIsney's luggage sorting facility on the grounds of the airport.

Easy as pie. A set procedure. They do it every day. No need to schlepp your own bags if you don't want to.

Nini5055
04-03-2009, 10:58 AM
I would call them as I have also heard of them sending the ME tickets out by Express Delivery.

You can certainly ask if they will do that.

LudwigVonDrake
04-03-2009, 11:03 AM
You can call them and reserve a spot. I prefer not to have them deliver my bags because I like to know my bags are with me :mickey:

Have a great trip :tink:

Ltmoko
04-04-2009, 01:05 PM
The last time we went, SW was not one of the airlines that you can use DME automaticly. But, you can get your luggage and go to DME and get on the bus with your luggage. Thats what I did, I did not want our luggage coming later. I have not looked for our next trip in Oct about DME and SW but, I guess I should.

PetefromRI
04-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Most importantly,:welcome:to Intercot!All good advice,you won't have a problem at all.

Donalds Duckie
04-04-2009, 01:35 PM
The last time we went, SW was not one of the airlines that you can use DME automaticly. But, you can get your luggage and go to DME and get on the bus with your luggage. That what I did, I did not want our luggage coming later. I have not looked for our next trip in Oct about DME and SW but, I guess I should.

Yikes! So, DME customers flying SW cannot use the luggage tags flying to WDW??? I am happy to know this now.

Thanks for the post.

Ltmoko
04-04-2009, 02:20 PM
I just verified with disney. SW does not participate in DME. So you would have to get your luggage and then go to the area where DME picks people up. I've done it, it's not that bad. ;)

faline
04-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Just to clarify:

On the way to Disney World, Magical Express works the same way for everyone - regardless of whether your airline is a participating airline or not. You can use your special Magical Express tags and have your bags delivered to your room. If you do not receive your Magical Express tags in time, you can still bring your baggage claim tickets to the Magical Express counter and have them get the luggage for you. Keep in mind, though, that Magical Express no longer handles bags if your flight comes in later than 10:00 p.m. In any case, just be sure to contact Magical Express and reserve your ride with them ahead of time - you can't just show up at the counter without a reservation.

The difference between participating and non-participating airlines comes in when you leave your resort at Disney World for your trip home. In this case, you can't check your luggage onto your airline at the resort unless your airline is a participating airline. If your airline is not participating, you must bring your luggage on the bus with you for the trip back to the airport. Once at the airport, you check your luggage just as you did at home when you were leaving for your Disney World trip.

DizneyRox
04-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Just to clarify:

On the way to Disney World, Magical Express works the same way for everyone - regardless of whether your airline is a participating airline or not. You can use your special Magical Express tags and have your bags delivered to your room. If you do not receive your Magical Express tags in time, you can still bring your baggage claim tickets to the Magical Express counter and have them get the luggage for you. Keep in mind, though, that Magical Express no longer handles bags if your flight comes in later than 10:00 p.m. In any case, just be sure to contact Magical Express and reserve your ride with them ahead of time - you can't just show up at the counter without a reservation.

The difference between participating and non-participating airlines comes in when you leave your resort at Disney World for your trip home. In this case, you can't check your luggage onto your airline at the resort unless your airline is a participating airline. If your airline is not participating, you must bring your luggage on the bus with you for the trip back to the airport. Once at the airport, you check your luggage just as you did at home when you were leaving for your Disney World trip.
The above is correct. Everyone canuse ME upon arrival into MCO. The only difference is when you need to head back to the airport, participating airlines allow you to check your bags at the resort. Others need to bring their own luggage and check it in themselves.

NOTE: If you are with a participating airline, you need to prepay for any luggage or fees. The check-in area I believe DOES NOT handle that.

Ltmoko
04-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Sorry for the incorrect info...I was always thought if you flew SW and tagged your luggage with the DME tags, they would not get picked up and delivered to your room. Thats why we always got our luggage and then went to DME. Sorry...learned something new today.

BMan62
04-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Yikes! So, DME customers flying SW cannot use the luggage tags flying to WDW??? I am happy to know this now.

Thanks for the post.

ALL airlines can use luggage delivery through DME when arriving in Orlando. Southwest does not participate in luggage handling for the return trip or Resort Check In for your return flight. You need to go to the concierge desk at your resort, or a Customer Service center in one of the parks, or use your cell phone with Internet access, to check in for your boarding passes at the 24 hour mark (or wait until you get to the airport and get "C" boarding! :ack: )

Southwest is the only airlines we fly and we have been through this on our last 5 trips.

Trae
04-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks for your replies. I call Disney and asked them if it was too late to get picked up before I made my ressies. They added DME to my ressie and then I booked with Southwest and called Disney back with my flight info. I will have to get my own luggage but hey, I am going to be at Disney...:cloud9: .. Life is great.
:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
04-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks for your replies. I call Disney and asked them if it was too late to get picked up before I made my ressies. They added DME to my ressie and then I booked with Southwest and called Disney back with my flight info. I will have to get my own luggage but hey, I am going to be at Disney...:cloud9: .. Life is great.
:mickey:

On arrival in Orlando, you do NOT have to get your own luggage unless you are arriving after 10pm.

teambricker04
04-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Just if you care...

We scheduled a last minute trip. By last minute I mean the night before with less than 12 hours until we boarded the plane (LOTS of fun, highly recommend it!). We called and set up everything through Disney and guess what... We used DME! Yes, we had to pick up our own bags, but that wasn't a big deal. As long as you have a reservation, even made at the last minute, you can still use the DME service.

CleveRocks
04-07-2009, 05:53 PM
I can't figure out why all this BAD information is going around. There is NO CIRCUMSTANCE when anyone would HAVE TO claim their own bags, unless they arrive after 10 p.m.

ALL AIRLINES ... no matter what airline you fy, you can get your bags automatically delivered to your resort room.

ALL PEOPLE ... no matter how late you make your DME reservation, you can still get the automatic luggage delivery.

NO DME TAGS? NO PROBLEM! ... Even if you reserved too late to receive DME tags, you can still have your bags automatically delivered.

PLEASE ... let's lose the idea that some people on some airlines have to get their own luggage. Let's lose the idea that if you make a last-minute reservation you have to get your own bags. The ONLY people who have to get their own bags are people who arrive after 10 p.m.

Trae
04-11-2009, 09:56 PM
I got my packet with my yellow tags in the mail yesterday..:cloud9: I guess I worried for nothing. We will be leaving next Sunday. 4-19-09. Thanks everyone.