PDA

View Full Version : Cab fare from Disney to Sea World

PrincessJadesMom
04-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Has anyone ever taken a cab from Disney to Sea World for a day? Any idea how much that would be? Is there another cheaper way? I thought we would spend 11 days on Disney property but take 1 day to go to Sea World, but I don't want to spend a fortune to do that. We will be stying at All Star Movies. Thanks for any advice!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I think the taxi runs about $20 - 25 each way. I believe that there is a bus from the TTC, but I don't know the details :(

Piglet822
04-02-2009, 05:10 PM
The Lynx #50 runs between the Transportation and Ticket Center and Sea World. Click this link for schedules and more info:

Lynx (www.golynx.com)

Hull-onian
04-02-2009, 06:17 PM
We hired Quicksilver. The cost for four of us was $65.00 round trip last year. It was worth it as Sea World is only about 20 minutes away. The driver picks you up at your hotel at said time. I'd say 9:00 a.m. and will return between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. to go to any destination. In our case, we went from All Star Sports to Sea World, then back to the Beach and Yacht Club for dinner at Cape May Cafe. It was a wonderful way to break up the week, and do something different. After our dinner, the kids went back to our hotel to go swimming, and I did World Showcase on my own, and had a wonderful time.

It'sWDW4me
04-02-2009, 06:52 PM
The Lynx #50 runs between the Transportation and Ticket Center and Sea World.

My DS and I used the Lynx bus to go to Sea World in 2007. Yes, it was really cheap. Would I do it again? HECK NO. The time wasted to get from our resort to TTC and then to wait for the bus to SW (and again, in reverse, for the return trip) was aggravating, to say the least. We had quite a time trying to figure out how to get in to Sea World from the bus stop (hint: you do NOT get off the bus directly in front of the entrance to SW).

$20-$25 for a cab is definitely money well spent in this instance, IMHO. If you can afford it - Quicksilver makes for a lovely trip.

GoofyforFun
04-02-2009, 07:30 PM
We hired Quicksilver. The cost for four of us was $65.00 round trip last year. It was worth it as Sea World is only about 20 minutes away. The driver picks you up at your hotel at said time. I'd say 9:00 a.m. and will return between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. to go to any destination. In our case, we went from All Star Sports to Sea World, then back to the Beach and Yacht Club for dinner at Cape May Cafe. It was a wonderful way to break up the week, and do something different. After our dinner, the kids went back to our hotel to go swimming, and I did World Showcase on my own, and had a wonderful time.
we did the same We had 16 people to worry about at 2 different resorts :thumbsup:

GrumpyFan
04-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Offsite transportation options (http://intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/transoffsite.asp) lists some of the common methods and contact information, but I'm not sure of the pricing information. I think prices have gone up since this page was last updated.

PrincessJadesMom
04-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Thank you for all of the info, it was really helpful!

disneyfan328
04-06-2009, 09:30 AM
we are doing this in May and I will tell you what I have found.

The PP about the Lynx bus seem to be correct - yes it is cheaper but way more of a hassle and you get dropped off ( and thus picked up ) all the way across the parking lot from Sea World which is a hike. maybe not in the morning but after a day of walking around Sea World no thank you also been told that the ride from TTC takes about 40-45 mins on the bus.

Cab far at 20-25 I think is low. From what I have been told by the cab companies it is more like 35.00+ each way depending on traffic and what hotel you are staying at.

We have decided to go with Intercot's sponsor Quicksilver. It is 70.00 round trip but its door to door service so we think its well worth it.
you tell them what time to p/u in the morning and then what time to come back for you. If you need to leave earlier for any reason they will make every effort (so they said) to come and get you asap (ie if someone gets sick or its too hot or whatever.)

You can also do Mears (sp) I believe they are 18.00 RT per person there ar3 4 of us so quicksilver is def. cheaper!
good luck with whatever you decide.