PDA

View Full Version : ? on dining Plan

sainter
04-02-2009, 02:50 PM
A friend asked if she could us a TS credit for a CS meal. I have never had the dining plan, so I did not know. They are thinking of going in Sept and will have free dining but she is concerned that if one day they do not feel like another large meal or don't want to leave where they are for their reservation that they could just have a counter service meal somewhere. Anyone know?

kakn7294
04-02-2009, 02:54 PM
I don't know if this is still the case but in 2005, you could convert a TS credit for QS but it had to be done at Guest Services at your resort. Guest Services at the parks couldn't do it. The restaurants are unable to use a different type of credit from the type of restaurant they are - a TS location can't use a QS credit and vice versa.

Strmchsr
04-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I think you can, but you lose a LOT of value in doing so. Remember, "free" dining isn't really free. You're paying high rack rates for the room so you still want to get the most value out of your discount.

sainter
04-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Strmchsr, that is true, I did explain that, she was just wondering if it is an option.
By the way, thanks for all your work on the foecast for our vacations!

MickeyandTink
04-02-2009, 03:28 PM
When we were there for free dining in '07, you could exchange on TS for a CS, one snack credit and two trading pins, or two snack credits. We had one extra TS (because of how we used our credits) and were able to exchange it at the CS restaurant itself.

I believe they allowed exchanges as well last year, but it was for a CS and one snack credit only. Strmchsr is right that it is not best value, but if you either don't feel like or don't have the time for a sit down meal it's much better than letting it go to waste.

Of course, just because they have offered it in the past is no guarantee they will do it again this year, but I would think the odds are pretty good they will.