PDA

View Full Version : Is 380 days out too soon???

Figment78
04-02-2009, 02:41 PM
So... In 380 days, my family will be returning to Disney for a "20th anniversary of our first trip" trip.

My sister and I are SO excited about this trip that we keep saying, "can we do this?" and "let's start planning!"

So today I opened up a new excel file (my favorite way to plan our trips) and starting filling in park/ADR combos. Obviously, we won't know park times for a long while, nor can we make ADRs. But I've started the framework.

Does anyone else do this? Start to plan way more ahead of time than is actually feasible/reasonable?

(Part of my problem is that we just got back from there and I always suffer severe "withdrawal'!)

Gregandmel
04-02-2009, 02:47 PM
You are not alone! We are planning on going next May, 2010 so we have 395 days to go!!!(I hope - but depends on crowd conditions!) and I already know exactly what day I need to call to start my ADR's! I think the planning and anticipation of the trip is 1/2 the fun! I call it my "armchair exercise". It puts me in my "happy place" Enjoy!!!!

spoiledraf
04-02-2009, 03:29 PM
My file started at 280 days.

Never to soon to plan. And as to the hours, they are so similar from year to year, it's not too hard to plan everything.

Breochaid
04-02-2009, 03:59 PM
It takes us quite some time to save up for our trips, so we have done some planning over 500 days out.:blush:

tys_mommy
04-02-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm already planning our November 2010 trip using historical park data (hours and EMH) - my 500 day mark isn't until my birthday in July - can you say obsessive:mickey:

PrincessJadesMom
04-02-2009, 04:36 PM
We are planning a trip in April 2010, and are already checking out Disney World books from our library and talking about which restaurants we'd like to go to this time. We also just came back from Disney a few months ago. People that I work with think I'm wierd for always thinking about Disney plans. They say I'm banned from taking another trip to Disney, but I don't care because I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!! Planning is half the fun, so go for it!:mickey:

irish1967
04-02-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm not only planning my next trip (July 2010) but the one after (January 2010) and the one after that (January 2011)

It is never too soon!

tjstrike
04-03-2009, 01:55 AM
I've started thinking about our next trip already, Feb 2010. It's a fever we have :thumbsup:

yjgirl32
04-03-2009, 08:36 AM
We don't go this year till Sept 2 and i'm already thinking about our next trip too. I love planning out our trips.

NJGIRL
04-03-2009, 09:28 AM
I used to plan a year in advance but not anymore. There are not that many new things that come out in between our trips. I have found that after we have been there so many times and know the places inside and out that there is not too much to think about ahead of time other than making ADR's in advance (which are now 90 days in advance). I found by planning so far in advance that I was over analyzing our vacation and going nuts over details that really didn't matter once we got there. Other than knowing the dates we are going our real planning starts about 6 months before the trip.

TinkerbellT421
04-03-2009, 10:35 AM
We were back from disney on January 22 this year....we were planning on January 23....lol...We start the tentative list and plans with back ups all the weekend.....Its never to early to plan for us. In fact we were discussing the plans we wanted to start making while we were still there! lol!!

beksy
04-03-2009, 03:05 PM
We started planning as we were heading to the airport! We had room reservations at 500 days out and I am working on the ADRs we want and park days we want since before the 500 day mark. Plus the trip seems to keep getting longer--we went from 8 days to 10 to 13!

pixiesmimi
04-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Never too early! :D I started planning this trip on day 365 when I made my reservations. I love the planning part but it makes it harder now that they have moved ADRs back to 90 days and don't release the park hours until about the same time. :mad: When I got to my 180 days, I went into withdrawal. :blush:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-03-2009, 11:14 PM
While we haven't officially started planning we are talking about what we want to do and where we want to go next year. We don't have any firm plans such as dates etc, right now; it's just "when we go" next year. It's never too early to start talking about it or planning it.