PDA

View Full Version : King Bed in Wilderness Lodge

hauntedmansiongirl
04-02-2009, 01:40 PM
We are thinking of staying at the Wilderness Lodge in Sept and would really like a king bed. I know that you can't pay extra to reserve a king room, but that you can request one. What are the chances of actually getting a king bed at WL?

Seasonscraps
04-02-2009, 02:38 PM
I don't think you can pay for a king bed upgrade at the wilderness lodge - I thought they only had view upgrades.

If they charge extra for king beds, then that's probably the only way you will get one unless you paid for an upgraded view or you get some pixie dust at check in.

If they don't charge extra, then noting in on your reservation is the best way to get one. It's never a guarantee but quite honestly I wouldn't hold my breath since there seems to be such limited availability of king beds. When I booked my 9/2002 honeymoon (a low travel season, pre-free dining promotions) I requested a king bed and let them know it was for a honeymoon. When we checked in around noon there were none to be had at the room level we reserved.

TheRustyScupper
04-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Remember that about 1/2 of King rooms are handicap accessible.
. . . roll-in shower
. . . low counter tops
. . . arranged for wheelchair access

TammiMcMan
04-02-2009, 09:54 PM
At the deluxes, to guarantee a king bed, you have to book a honeymoon room. For the WL, that will run you about $150 more per night than the standard room. You can request one if you're booking standard, but chances are low that you'd get one.

hauntedmansiongirl
04-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks so mcuh for all of the info! I didn't think about King beds being handicap accessible rooms. We had that once at Pop Century and it was okay, except for the shower water running all over the floor in the bathroom.

Maybe we'll have to go back to Riverside. My husband is very insistent on a guaranteed King bed.

epceddie
04-03-2009, 02:48 PM
We booked a guaranteed king bed at Caribbean Beach and paid a little extra for it, but it was worth every penny.
We're DVC members and the only thing we don't like about the studios is the fact that none of them have king beds. They all have queen beds.
We're used to stretching out in our king bed at home, so sleeping in a queen can be a little uncomfortable.

faline
04-03-2009, 02:51 PM
We usually always request a king bed and, most of the time, that request has been honored.