PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations from Beach Club/Boardwalk

Janet89
04-02-2009, 10:38 AM
After my two polls, I THOUGHT we were set for AKL Club Level, but . . . now DS is asking about the one with the cool pool (Beach Club). I'm not sold on it yet, though.

We've been looking at pics and other info comparing the two. DS wants to know how well you can see Illuminations from the Beach Club/Boardwalk area. Is there a good spot to watch?

MidnTPK
04-02-2009, 10:51 AM
You can see some of the higher fireworks from the Epcot/Boardwalk resort area, but remember, much of illuminations takes place on the water or at lower levels. So it's not like watching Wishes at the Poly or CR.

That being said, the beauty of the Epcot/Boardwalk resorts is the International Gateway to Epcot. Why watch from outside the park when you can walk in 10 minutes before illuminations and watch the show in the park, then slip right back out as soon as the show is over....and walk leisurely (or catch a boat) back to your resort.

ThanxForNoticin
04-02-2009, 12:23 PM
I agree with MidnTPK. If you'll be staying at BC or BW, you may as well go into EPCOT (unless it costs you a day on a pass) to see Illuminations. There's really not a great view of Illuminations from the EPCOT resorts.

GrumpyFan
04-02-2009, 12:42 PM
I've heard that there are a handful of rooms at Boardwalk and Beach Club that can actually see into part of Epcot, and may actually be able to get a view of the show, allbeit, somewhat obstructed by trees and/or buildings. If you're not lucky enough to get one of those rooms, you can take a short walk toward Epcot to the bridge that links these resorts together and stand on it during the show. It's not exactly a good view of the fireworks and show, but you can hear the music quite well and you will see occasional fireworks that shoot above the trees. It's certainly not as good as being there, but could be considered the next best thing.

Janet89
04-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks! DS and I still have tickets from a few years ago, but DH doesn't. We would have to pay for a day for him to go in. We are only spending one night at a Disney resort after our beach trip. We will be taking in Discovery Cove during the day. Hoping to enjoy whichever resort we choose for the evening and next morning, as well. I have read that SAB closes fairly early, though.

ThanxForNoticin
04-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I don't think I'd pay for a full days pass to get in just to watch Illuminations. Just a thought (and this might not be remotely interesting to you) - there are a number of places that you can view and enjoy the Wishes fireworks without going into the park. We will often head to the Polynesian to watch Wishes from their beach - if fireworks are something you are interested in seeing. You can see the entire show from the beach, and they'll even pipe in the music and narration.

If Illuminations is what you seek, a couple of the suggestions above will offer you the best chance to catch the sounds of the show and some of the fireworks and color.