PDA

View Full Version : You know your trips getting close when...

Mr_Increddieble
04-02-2009, 09:57 AM
You know your trips getting close when...
the expiration date for the orange juice you just bought, is within your trip dates.

you start trying to time your haircut so your hair will be just the right length for the trip.

Anybody else got any?

TiggerD
04-02-2009, 10:04 AM
You know when your trip is getting close..
When your pet goes into hiding when he sees the suitcases come out and he knows he is going to be boarding elsewhere while you are gone.:mickey:

cmsizzlin
04-02-2009, 10:08 AM
You Know Your Trips Close:
When you eat out for 5 nights in a row before the trip so you don't have to grocery shop until you come home.

luvDaMouse
04-02-2009, 10:10 AM
:mickey: when you "flip" your calender at work and you can see the dates in front of you! (the ones I marked in January when I started using it):)

Goofeygal
04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
I also know when my trip is getting close when I time my haircuts. Just proves that great minds think alike. Disney minds that is.:mickey: LOL

Dragongirlx
04-02-2009, 11:02 AM
I know my trip is getting close when I try to do all the laundry thats in the basket so it won't be waiting for me when I get home

the other micki
04-02-2009, 11:02 AM
You know your trip is close when: you visit the UG crowd calendar and all your dates are showing. No more entering words from the UG book to see the rest of it!

yjgirl32
04-02-2009, 11:46 AM
You know your trip is getting close when for dinner the week before you start having strange combinations just to use up whatever is in the refrigerator.

cfoshe
04-02-2009, 12:28 PM
You know your getting close when......you have to call and get ADR's before they are gone.

You know your getting close when......WDW post the park times for your months. Maybe i just look to far out.

playdead88
04-02-2009, 08:27 PM
we know its getting close when its time to go buy the new yearly disney tennis shoes - we get them about 1 month in advance so we have break 'em in time :mickey:

TikiGoddess
04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
I love the original poster's one about the orange juice... I notice that one every time!

One to add...

You know you're getting close when you start looking for the misting fans that you bought on the last trip...

Kathy

Dulcee
04-02-2009, 09:49 PM
You know your getting close when...

you go looking for the six million disney ponchos you know you put somewhere for safe keeping from last year but you just can't find them

Love of Disney
04-02-2009, 09:53 PM
.....when I plan my pedicure appointment for the day before!!

...when I try to loose a few last pounds to fit back into my summer clothes after a cold long winter!!

:cool:

kakn7294
04-02-2009, 11:55 PM
...when I walk into work and the greeting to me is "how many more days?".

elmjimmlm
04-03-2009, 08:28 AM
when you get on Intercot 6 more times a day than your usual 3 to see more current updates for the time that you will be there...;)

Also when the month you are going is up on the Disney website...:mickey:

c&d
04-03-2009, 09:44 AM
When we arrange for the cat sitter to come by and feed and play with our cat. We did that yesterday, 15 days to go.

Luv Eeyore
04-03-2009, 10:58 AM
When I get to print off my boarding passes - which I just did!:cloud9:

Suz36
04-04-2009, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=Mr_Increddieble;1861278]You know your trips getting close when...
the expiration date for the orange juice you just bought, is within your trip dates.

you start trying to time your haircut so your hair will be just the right length for the trip.

These are me to a T! Also, the one about the tennis shoes - perfect!

For us, we know it's getting close as the paper chain hanging from the bannister gets shorter and shorter! Also, the day we get to do the single digit dance is always a big deal!

DawsonAR
04-04-2009, 05:15 PM
We always buy new sock and shoes for our trip. I did that today.....It is close!!!!!! :party:

PrettyMinnie
04-04-2009, 10:42 PM
You have packed and re-packed your bag three times already...

I'm an obsessive packer. :blush:

Hull-onian
04-05-2009, 03:20 PM
While we are on the subject, I just got my hair cut on Saturday. It will be perfect for our trip.:mickey:

TheMartellFamily
04-05-2009, 04:22 PM
We we start getting things picked out. Like these shoes, those rain ponchos, that sunscreen, what happens we see something we need we will pack it. The final itinerary printed from start to finish with dining times, ressie numbers, dates and times of parades, EMH, park hours, and anything pertaining to our family during our trip. The haircut and pedicure are the other obvious things that signify that it is almost there.

IamBelle
04-07-2009, 05:10 PM
When you are "too excited to sleep"

When I start to make my "Things to pack" list for everybody

It'sWDW4me
04-07-2009, 05:23 PM
When you're left with strange outfits to wear because your good clothes are all packed and ready to go!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-07-2009, 08:32 PM
When you are "too excited to sleep"

When I start to make my "Things to pack" list for everybody
This one's me--I buy a special little notebook to write everything in, and begin "The List". I was amazed how many of the former posts I can relate to! Fun thread. For me it's also the " I-can-put-up-with-anything-cause-I'm-going-to-Disneyworld-soon" attitude! :blush: Really helps me get through the End of the Year stuff at school!
:plane: ;)

Soul_Power
04-08-2009, 03:33 AM
..you receive your paperwork/luggage tags.
..you start counting how many sleeps you have left until you leave!

merlinmagic4
04-08-2009, 07:10 AM
You know your trip is close when you try to order new Tevas online and find out they won't be here in time! Just did it! Bummer...............

elmjimmlm
05-29-2009, 03:48 PM
The weather report on Intercot has your dates on it...

Kathy Jetson
05-30-2009, 12:33 AM
When I get my disney haircut, get my outfits for each day together and I can check the weather on the weather channel:)

princessimagineer
05-30-2009, 02:19 AM
...when the disney bag of disney ponchos comes out of the woodwork. like, where has this been hiding all year?

...when you start noticing disney in your everyday life...more often then usual. ie: "that swirl in the paint looks like Stitch now that i give it a good look." or "when did my school get all these hidden mickeys?"

one personal one i have is when the notebook comes out. the past few trips ive been keeping a sorta journal that i just add to every trip just to remember stories to tell my friends. its got a disney collage on the cover. when i take it out of my bookshelf and have it ready, i know its time to go.

Tigger&Stitch
05-30-2009, 02:41 AM
Hmmm..for me, it's when I start panicing at work, and staying later evenings to make sure everything is done before I go! :mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
05-30-2009, 09:30 AM
You know your trip is close when you have to wear your bathrobe all day because the clothes that (cough), "fit", are all packed.:thumbsup:

pandkx3
05-30-2009, 10:34 AM
When your dining room table is no longer used for dining and had now been designated the "stuff to take to disney" table:mickey:

EPCOT84
05-31-2009, 08:06 PM
Hmmm..for me, it's when I start panicing at work, and staying later evenings to make sure everything is done before I go! :mickey:

You know your trip is close when you have to wear your bathrobe all day because the clothes that (cough), "fit", are all packed.:thumbsup:

The weather report on Intercot has your dates on it...

When you're left with strange outfits to wear because your good clothes are all packed and ready to go!

You have packed and re-packed your bag three times already...

This is a great thread :thumbsup:

You know your trip is getting close when...

... you spend those precious last days on Intercot more than ever

... you're reading the other trip reports and trying to start drafting your own but you're still days away

... you make sure you have enough batteries for those phones, PDAs, and laptops so you can write trip reports as you go

... you're watching the evening news and start dancing 'cause that day is now on the 7-day forecast:woohoo:

... you drink up all the milk in the fridge and regret it while waiting for your flight

You know your trip is almost here when...

....you're sitting at the gate wondering if you packed those Mickey ponchos