PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter is Spoiled!

JRocker
04-02-2009, 07:34 AM
And she knows it...

Somehow I was able to schedule another family vacation this summer. With two girls is college, and one with a full time job and a wedding to plan, this was quite a juggling act.

As a family we'll be staying down there fourteen nights (average for us). Two weeks after our return, Brik (DD) is getting hitched to good kid (future doc). It has been her dream to have a honeymoon at Disney World, so since she has a good paying job, she is making it happen.

I'll end up paying for the trip, but she doesn't know this. Her and her future husband planned it out, and I sent them to Magical Journey's (thank you Denise).

I know Greg told her that it was going to be thier honeymoon trip. I need some suggestions for something that I can do to surprise them while they are down there. Sometimes I feel like I don't give enough to my kids, I just want to do something for them that will add another touch of magic to what I am sure is going to be a great marriage.

Lynn J Mc
04-02-2009, 08:13 AM
My 8 YO niece recently informed us that she would only being marrying someone who would marry her at Disney World. We told her that would be AOK with us. She has been spoiled rotten to DW also.

Dulcee
04-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Well if it was me I'd really enjoy a spa package. After what is bound to be a stressful few weeks pre-wedding with last minute plans/changes/appointments, a spa package, especially a couples one, may be just the way to make sure the trip feels like a honeymoon and not just a Disney vacation :mickey:

KylesMom
04-02-2009, 09:35 AM
A romantic dinner cruise aboard The Grand would be unforgettable! :mickey:

By the way, congrats on being able to return this summer!

c&d
04-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Maybe dinner reservations at V&A's. I don't know how long they are going but maybe a 2 day stay at a deluxe or if they're at a deluxe a stay on concierge.

Tick-Tock
04-02-2009, 11:06 AM
I like the spa package idea.

Also, you could arrange for a carriage ride, a Wishes or Illuminations cruise, or a backstage tour of her favorite park. Depending on how much you want to spend, a VIP guide for a day would be something unusual! Maybe a session with a Disney photographer at their resort.

yjgirl32
04-02-2009, 11:24 AM
I agree- a spa treatment for the 2 of them would be great! Anther idea is to find out which restaraunt they would like to eat at- or for one more idea a fireworks boat cruise. Good luck and be sure to report back.

PixieMagic
04-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Call conceirge and they'll arrange a special surprise for their room! DH did this on our honeymoon and they went overboard including choc covered strawberries, a candy shell that looked so real made of white choc and filled with m&m's....plates and knapkins arranged like mickey, wedding balloons, autographed character pics with well wishes, a picture frame, and even my fav - a stitch stuffed plush! They truly set it up beautiful - then have them add a note from you and a cold bottle of champagne.... in the note you could say your well wishes and "SURPRISE" they have reservations for XYZ as well :o)

DisneyPrincess21
04-02-2009, 09:17 PM
And she knows it...

Somehow I was able to schedule another family vacation this summer. With two girls is college, and one with a full time job and a wedding to plan, this was quite a juggling act.

As a family we'll be staying down there fourteen nights (average for us). Two weeks after our return, Brik (DD) is getting hitched to good kid (future doc). It has been her dream to have a honeymoon at Disney World, so since she has a good paying job, she is making it happen.

I'll end up paying for the trip, but she doesn't know this. Her and her future husband planned it out, and I sent them to Magical Journey's (thank you Denise).

I know Greg told her that it was going to be thier honeymoon trip. I need some suggestions for something that I can do to surprise them while they are down there. Sometimes I feel like I don't give enough to my kids, I just want to do something for them that will add another touch of magic to what I am sure is going to be a great marriage.

Well I must say, You Daughter is a Very lucky girl to have such a wonderful and generous mother to be giving her dream to her. I think if your daughter loves wdw as much as it sounds like she does, Anything you do will make it extra magical. And I am sure being there with her new husband will be more magical and special more than anything else. So no matter what you decide to do she will love it.
Some suggestions I have, Maybe something like a romantic spa treatment for them together might be nice. Or a wishes fireworks cruise. It really depends on what your daughter likes the most about Disney. I personally would love to take a wishes cruise. So that would get my vote! Hope you guys all have a magical time! :tink:

JRocker
04-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

Well I must say, You Daughter is a Very lucky girl to have such a wonderful and generous mother to be giving her dream to her.
Yes she is very lucky to have such a generous mother, and she's pretty dang good looking on top of that.
I'll be sure to tell her mother you said so.

Sorry, couldn't resist. My wife says I'm evil.:thedolls:

DisneyPrincess21
04-02-2009, 11:12 PM

Yes she is very lucky to have such a generous mother, and she's pretty dang good looking on top of that.

Sorry, couldn't resist. My wife says I'm evil.:thedolls:

:blush::bolt:
Sorry, Let me Correct my statement
Your daughter is very lucky to have very generous PARENTS to help her dream come true. :D

Ps. For some reason when I read the original post it sounded like something a mother would write. Which is why I said she had a generous mother, So you can take that however you want on why I assumed her mother wrote it. :thedolls: j/k :D :haha:

:wave:

spoiledraf
04-03-2009, 12:08 AM
And she knows it...

Congrats.

Get them a Garden Suite at the Boardwalk. We got one for our daughter and her future, then, and now Doc, a few years ago. One of the most secluded and romantic rooms in the world. We treated ourselves to the same a year after their wedding. We are taking their family and my sons family to the BC this year with the grandkids for our 35 anniversary. Probably the last big trip as retirement will kick us down a notch but the wife loves to do for the kids.

Best of luck to the newly weds and enjoy the day.

Cinderelley
04-12-2009, 03:53 AM
Sorry, Let me Correct my statement
Your daughter is very lucky to have very generous PARENTS to help her dream come true.

Ps. For some reason when I read the original post it sounded like something a mother would write. Which is why I said she had a generous mother, So you can take that however you want on why I assumed her mother wrote it. j/k

Sorry, couldn't resist. My wife says I'm evil.

:rotfl::funny::laughing: I thought it was pretty clear she was a "Daddy's girl", but it could be because I looked at the guys in the Avatar.

It really depends on what your DD likes, but I would suggest a session with a photographer at WDW. I love looking at my honeymoon photos, but its hard to get a picture together unless you have someone else take it. Maybe a horse and carriage ride too.
Other ideas -
1. A tile at Epcot if they still do them
2. I think I read somewhere that you can get a tent on the beach at the Poly for viewing the fireworks. Maybe have a dinner out there.
3. Have something special delivered during a romantic dinner
There's been a lot of other great ideas here. I also believe there's a "romance" link in info central.

divinedi
04-13-2009, 11:33 AM
I have nothing to add to the suggestions, just a question, would you adopt me? ;):funny:

You're a good Dad, she's very lucky! She'll have a terrific time!