PDA

View Full Version : Whats the better deal? Should I switch?

mouseketeer mom
04-02-2009, 06:49 AM
We are booked with the four plus 3 deal in the beginning of August..Is the free dining at the end of August the better deal? I'm having trouble figuring that out, our dates are flexible. I apologize if this is a repeat thread..I believe this was touched on before, but I couldn't locate the answers.

gaffz70
04-02-2009, 07:02 AM
It depends on where you're staying and amt of people in your party. The more expensive the hotel the better the 4 for 7 deal is. We will be going in Aug and I was hoping for an extension of that deal instead of the free dining, but I'll take anything I can get. We are saving 700 on the dining, but would have saved over 1000 on the 4 for 7 deal.
It looks like you're staying at the Poly, so I would sty put if I were you!
Enjoy

SBETigg
04-02-2009, 07:29 AM
I think you might be better off sticking with your current deal at the Poly. Since you like to stay at the club level and have frequent meals in the lounge, I think that the 4/3 deal is ultimately the better fit for you, and quite possibly a better savings. I prefer late August for the lower crowds, though, given a choice between the two.

Strmchsr
04-02-2009, 08:29 AM
I would suggest getting in touch with Magical Journeys. They can work all that out for you and switch you if the "free" dining is a better deal. However, at the upper level resorts I think the 4/3 is the better deal.

kakn7294
04-02-2009, 03:20 PM
If you already have the 4/3 deal booked, you know what that costs. Can't you go online to Disney's site and price out the stay for free dining to see what that would cost? Just type in the dates for a package and add in the appropriate number of days on the ticket. Don't add a dining plan and you'll know what the package with free dining would cost. You can then compare and know for sure what is the better deal. I would think it's the 4/3.

Mom2princesses
04-03-2009, 08:55 PM
I have the 4/7 deal booked for June. We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 1 child over 10 and 1 child under 10) and we are staying at the Poly. I saw the free dining and decided to price it out I would be willing to go in August if it was a better deal. But the 4/7 even with paying for the DP and paying peak season rates was still the better deal. Like the previous poster suggested go online and price it out with the same options.

PetefromRI
04-04-2009, 02:01 PM
If your staying at a deluxe you'd be better off sticking with the 4/3 deal.Like Strmchsr said,call MJ and let them figure it out for you or as kakn7294 said,go to the Disney site and punch in the info there for a price.

MickeyandTink
05-01-2009, 01:50 PM
As a general rule, if you have two or more adults in a room the 4/3 plan is always going to be better than free dining at the deluxe resorts, MAY be a better deal at the mods (depending on number of people and ages) and not as good as free dining in the Values.

Just figure $40/day for each person 10 and over and $10/day for each person under 10 as the "savings" for free dining, then compare it to room cost.

For us it was a no brainer. With two adults and two children (under 9), we saved about $700 with Free dining v. just over $300 with 4/3 at POP. If we were staying at the Poly, I'm sure the 4/3 would be a better deal.

mouseketeer mom
05-01-2009, 04:17 PM
The 4/3 works out to be better we figured. I think earlier in August works out better with the hurricane risk too. We were there later in August last year and a hurricane hit. So....4/3 it is for us. Also, we will utilize the lounge in the Poly often, so that will help with our dining cost too.