PDA

View Full Version : Resorts with good bars/lounges?

Leighler
04-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Do any of the resorts have nice drink lounges/bars that stay open late- like at least until midnight or maybe later? Also do any of nice restaurants have a bar where you could just grab a drink and not have an ADR for dinner- Cali Grill, Jiko, etc.? What about Bluezoo?

DreamFinder2
04-01-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm not sure what type of bar you're looking for, but the Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge is a really nice, usually quite, cozy bar that serves a good variety of beer and specialty drinks. It's open until midnight, I believe, and is located on the 2nd floor near Boma.

It's definitely one of our favorite places to "chill"...

AHOTE
04-02-2009, 12:03 AM
We've gone to Mizner's in the GF, a nice quite place to sit and talk without having to shout; good drinks and appetizers, Tambu Lounge at the Poly and Rip Tide at Boardwalk are nice too but a little noisy on occasion. All of them are open at least until midnight or 1AM

BugeyedMuggy
04-02-2009, 09:35 AM
The Wave in the CR has a cool bar and say hi to Sam the bartender. Lots of great stories.

DisneyHoneymooners
04-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Try the Victoria falls lounge in the AKL. Nice place with lots to look at.

WDWhuny
04-02-2009, 03:24 PM
We like Scat Cat's Club at POFQ it has great live entertainment Wednesday-Saturday. Elliot Dyson takes requests and plays a mean sax. Have fun!:cool:

Tinkerfreak
04-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Try the Victoria falls lounge in the AKL. Nice place with lots to look at.

I agree. We love to have a drink here and relax.

faline
04-02-2009, 07:35 PM
There are a number of great lounges in Disney World!

My favorite is Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge. My second favorite is Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian. After that, it's Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom and then Mizner's at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

In addition to Victoria Lounge at Animal Kingdom, there is another lounge downstairs. If you're at the checkin desk for Boma, turn right. Just before entering Jiko, there's a lounge to the right. The last time I was there, you could order off the Jiko menu in the lounge.

I haven't been there since construction finished but I really liked the Outer Rim at the Contemporary as well.

The Tune-In Lounge at Disney Studios is a fun place for lunch or a late afternoon cocktail.

Hope this helps!

DisneyWithoutTheSpin
04-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Kimonos - WDW Swan, sushi bar and lounge
ESPN Zone - Boardwalk (there's a micro-brewery on BW too)
Cabana Bar - WDW Dolphin - not sure how late it is open

Aggie97
04-03-2009, 12:02 AM
My favorite is Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge. My second favorite is Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian. After that, it's Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom and then Mizner's at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

These are the same four lounges I was going to suggest. :thumbsup:

Crow
04-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Territory in WL for sure
and Kimonos.
wasnt aware of another lounge at AKL.
can go up to bar at CG if it isnt crowded without reserves.
Ill be checking out Scat Cats in a wk since Im staying at POFQ. and might checkout ESPN Zone since Ive never been in there & my nephew likes sports.

PetefromRI
04-04-2009, 01:47 PM
The lounges at AKL are really nice but I'm stuck on the Banana Cabana at CBR poolside.We're gonna try Raglan Road next trip and check out some Celtic music!

dmosher
04-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge is our favorite. Very posh but relaxing and the service is always very pleasant. Cozy, warm and inviting and after dinner a great place to disappear to and relax for a drink or two.
:pipes:
D