PDA

View Full Version : What to do.

MongoMil
04-01-2009, 09:22 PM
So as it stands right now we(DW, DS, DD, and I) have booked and paid for 12 nights from Nov.22-Dec.4 at the POP with dining.:cloud9: Now I have nothing but time, and with time I get to thinking. :scratch: What I want to do is transfer from Dec.1-4 to a Deluxe. If I do that we will not keep the dining plan for those days. Christmas is the time so christmas is what I want though.:santa: So stay and eat good or transfer and deal with food for the last couple of days.

Dulcee
04-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Hmmm, well if it was me I'd rather stay at POP as once settled I'd hate the idea of moving somewhere else, but we don't tend to use the hotel much on our vacations as were only there for a week. With the length of time your there if you plan on using some of the more deluxe amenities it may be worth it to switch.

Sorry :secret: guess my own indecision doesn't help you much

LovinWDW
04-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Every summer we stay for 2 weeks and always split our stay between 2 resorts. We check in on a Saturday and move to a different resort the following Saturday. We use the transition day as a down day to sleep in a little and then hit the pool at the new resort. If you choose, you can go to the parks on the day you're moving and Disney will transfer your bags to the resort your moving to. When you're done with the parks, go to the new resort and check in. Your bags will be waiting for you.:thumbsup:

Nini5055
04-02-2009, 09:53 AM
I have never done a "split stay", so I don't know if you can simply upgrade the current package or if it would be considered a separate reservation.

Perhaps someone can clarify how a "split stay" works reservation and packagewise. :confused:

faline
04-02-2009, 11:49 AM
A split stay is two different reservations. For a variety of reasons, our next stay will be split. We have one reservation at one resort and a second reservation at the resort we will be moving to. If you do packages for both stays, it might not work to your advantage financially.

Beast_fanatic
04-02-2009, 01:59 PM
So as it stands right now we(DW, DS, DD, and I) have booked and paid for 12 nights from Nov.22-Dec.4 at the POP with dining.:cloud9: Now I have nothing but time, and with time I get to thinking. :scratch: What I want to do is transfer from Dec.1-4 to a Deluxe. If I do that we will not keep the dining plan for those days. Christmas is the time so christmas is what I want though.:santa: So stay and eat good or transfer and deal with food for the last couple of days.

After over a week on the dining plan, I would be more than ready to just deal with the food on my own as the dining plan was just too much for me to eat. I would likely only do it though if you really are going to take advantage of the deluxe resort amenities otherwise, it's probably not worth the price difference.