PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland for the first time

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-01-2009, 06:38 PM
So I'm looking into going to Disneyland and have never been.:mickey: I've been to WDW 9 times but never DL. So.....I have a few questions.

We are looking at doing the 3 night 2 free deal July 27 - Aug 1.

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Menage? We are looking to stay there.

What are the crowds like? I see that it is peak season. Will we have a problem getting into the park? How long are the wait times?

What do you suggest for dining options? Are the prices about the same as WDW? Is it worth doing a dining plan or should I POP?

Thanks for any help.:D I haven't been to S. Cali since 1991 so I'm looking forward to the possibility of going back.

tinkwest
04-01-2009, 10:52 PM
I don't think I would choose Hotel Menage. There are so many other hotels that are closer to the Resort.. Plus the Hotel Menage is right by the freeway.

It will be crowded. You may not have a problem getting in to the parks, but wait times will probably be significant on most rides. Go early in the morning for the shortest lines. Take advantage of your hotel's pool in the afternoon.

The Dining Plan isn't worth the trouble, IMO.

Woozle
04-07-2009, 01:57 PM
I have never stayed at the Hotel Menage but if it is your first time to DL, staying closer might be better for you. I was there two weeks ago and was able to find a great rate on hotel within walking distance through Yahoo travel.
The dining plan is only worth it if you plan to eat at Storyteller's, Goofy's Kitchen or Blue Bayou (and I am not sure they are covered in that plan). The other thing is that there are so many none disney places to eat across the street that it gives you more options.
The crowds were bad last year at the same time but not the busiest I have seen during the summer.

InLikeSin
04-08-2009, 12:11 AM
We stayed at the Hotel Menage for a few nights when we got a good deal on it. Its a remodeled Best Wetern. The lobby/ bar area is really well done and inviting. The rooms also look nice on the surface with huge beds and giant flat screen tvs. However, the remodel wasn't well done and you'll find the details were never finished (like chipping paint, broken bathroom fixtures, dirty walls ect.) Another downside is that the rooms almost all face the freeway and the rooms open to an outside corridor. That all being said we thought it was a good value for the price we paid ($80/night). The noise level wasnt bad when we were in the room and the overall look and feel of the hotel was appealing. We found it an easy drive to the parking garage and I wouldn't think adults would have too much trouble walking back. But I would agree nothings better than being across the street on South Harbor if you can budget it. We really liked staying at the Marriott Fairfield.