PDA

View Full Version : Mousekeeping??????

ASweetLov
04-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Am I the only one that actually leaves the privacy sign the whole time during the trip on the door??
I dont like letting people in my room so I always leave the sign on. I make my own beds, bring clorox wipes to clean the toilet, sink and tub quickly and I also take out the full bags of trash to the trash cans around the resort. We don't make any mess anyways.

SBETigg
04-01-2009, 03:53 PM
I doubt you're the only one, but you're probably in the minority. I love having the room cleaned while I'm out and coming back to freshly made beds and clean towels. We don't make much of a mess and we clean up after ourselves for the most part. We'll even reuse towels for more than one use, but at some point we like getting a fresh set. And new toilet paper, shampoos. Chocolates on the pillows and turn-down service. :)

DizneyRox
04-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Defintely the minority... It's the one thing that I don't like about DVC, but not enough to purchase additional room services.

ASweetLov
04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Well they always do leave a bag of fresh towels, toilet paper, shampoo and soap on the door

Bass T-bone
04-01-2009, 03:59 PM
The "towel animals" make room service worth it alone!

vicster
04-01-2009, 04:32 PM
I definitely want Mousekeeping in my room. I'm on vacation and paying enough for the room that I'm not making the bed.

Madame Leona
04-01-2009, 04:46 PM
My sister in law doesn't like housekeeping in her room at hotels. I don't know that she has been to Disney but I'm sure she would put out the dnd sign there also.

jwildflower1981
04-01-2009, 05:00 PM
We don't ever let housekeeping in any of our rooms. I would love to,,but my DH is weirded out about strangers in out room.

DisneyGlutton
04-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Wow. I have never heard of a such a thing, so my answer would be yes, you are in a minority. After a long day at the park, cleaning up would be the last thing I would want to do. Maybe I should worry more, idk, but my worry about theft or whatever is outweighed by being on vacation and taking it easy

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-01-2009, 05:17 PM
I would think you are in the minority.

That is one of the great things about being on vacation, coming back to a clean room and made beds :thumbsup:

blissventure
04-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Love Mousekeeping! They are the sweetest ladies. They always leave the room so nice and fresh. I tidy up before we go for the day, so it's easy for them to get around quickly. That's a part of the WDW experience I would never opt to miss. :cloud9:

PirateLover
04-01-2009, 07:03 PM
My fiancee does not like to let them in.

wendy*darling
04-01-2009, 07:19 PM
In the "real" world I always put the sign on the door- I do not want anyone in my room.

But at Disney World- I love having Mousekeeping come in and freshen up.:cloud9:
As has been said- that's one thing I miss by being DVC- but not enough to pay for them to come in. Oh well...

cindchan
04-01-2009, 07:53 PM
I let them clean my room ever other day. I never saw any reason to have them clean everyday. But I also wouldn't want to go the entire week without them cleaning.

Maleficent_vf
04-01-2009, 09:09 PM
We don't have them come in everyday. It doesn't seem necessary. Everyother day is our usual pattern.

NotaGeek
04-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Oh man. If I am on vacation I like it for housekeeping to come 2x a day ... turn-down service with candy and dump the trash and leave fresh towels? Absolutely.

If I don't get daily maid service I might as well be camping -- and it's part of the price you pay for staying in a hotel ... I take full advantage of those things. :thumbsup:

Dulcee
04-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Turn down housekeeping?? Its the only time I don't hear my mother's voice in my head yelling at me when I leave the room without making my bed :)

buzznwoodysmom
04-02-2009, 01:14 AM
No, I've never done that. However, on our last two vacations to WDW the housekeeping was so bad that we really should have. When you get back from the parks and they have stripped the bed and left the new sheets on the foot of the bed for you to make it yourself then you may as well have just not bothered have them come at all. Our stays were at WL and CSR and housekeeping was absolutely horrible both times. I am really considering doing what you do on our next trip in June. Its such a shamed to have to even think about doing that considering how much a WDW vacation costs.

mrsgaribaldi
04-02-2009, 04:12 AM
We do the same thing too. It's only DH and myself and we don't make a mess. We don't stay long enough to do any real damage;)

tinkerddeedee
04-02-2009, 06:24 AM
No, I've never done that. However, on our last two vacations to WDW the housekeeping was so bad that we really should have. When you get back from the parks and they have stripped the bed and left the new sheets on the foot of the bed for you to make it yourself then you may as well have just not bothered have them come at all. Our stays were at WL and CSR and housekeeping was absolutely horrible both times. I am really considering doing what you do on our next trip in June. Its such a shamed to have to even think about doing that considering how much a WDW vacation costs.

Oh my gosh, I would be so mad if I came back from a day at the park and have to MAKE the ENTIRE bed!!! :mad::mad::mad: I would have probably called them to come right then and there. And to have it happen at 2 different resorts!!!!:ack:
Has this happened to hanyone at POR, that where we'll be in 37 days!!!!

DawsonAR
04-02-2009, 09:13 AM
I understand your feelings. We don't like allowing people in the room to clean, but we do at Disney. We haven't had any issues there but it still isn't something I like to do.

buzznwoodysmom
04-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Oh my gosh, I would be so mad if I came back from a day at the park and have to MAKE the ENTIRE bed!!! :mad::mad::mad: I would have probably called them to come right then and there. And to have it happen at 2 different resorts!!!!:ack:
Has this happened to hanyone at POR, that where we'll be in 37 days!!!!

Just to clairfy, the bed incident only happened at CSR, but we had horrible housekeeping at both resorts. At CSR, after complaining about our housekeeper, one morning using her entry key she burst into our room unannounced while we were getting ready to go to the parks. She kept appologizing and asking if we needed anything. We could barely understand her as her english was not good at all. I was so glad that all of us were dressed. Imagine if DH had been just getting out of the shower. :jaw: Of course we called to let her supervisor know of that too, but to be honest they didn't seem to care. I try not to let things like that ruin my vacation so after her manager didn't seem to give a hoot I just dropped it and enjoyed the rest of my vacation. I really hope we don't have another horrible housekeeper in June. Three trips in a row would be a bit too much for me.

GINNY69
04-04-2009, 09:17 AM
I don't think we ever had a problem with Mousekeeping.. I think the best mousekeeping we had was at CSR last year. Everyday we had new towel animals in our room. My son thought that was the greatest thing. His stuffed animals he brought with him from home were lined up in the window. I usually leave them a tip daily just to tell them thanks for the clean room. I did not realize that mousekeeping did not get to keep there tips until reading a previous post. That is too bad I know they don't get paid much as it is But if they were able to keep their tip it would help them out even more. Well with that being said I am still going to leave tips for them..

TheVBs
04-04-2009, 10:01 AM
This is a new one for me. It would never occur to me to NOT want housekeeping in the room. I can completely understand if it weirds you out though. We each have our own preferrences. But, like others have pointed out, it's a wonderful service. We always stay at the ASMu and they're awesome there. We get towel animals, they arrange the animals in cute ways, etc. They really seem to go out of their way to make it a little more magical. Our girls will get a huge kick out of it if their stuffed animals are peeking out the window at us as we come back to the room. If we leave anything valuable in the room, we just stick it in the safe. No worries! ;) :mickey:

ryobi88
04-04-2009, 12:59 PM
indeed i love coming back from the parks and having the room clean:mickey: not to mention wondering what kind of towel animal i will have on my bed :)