PDA

View Full Version : Hershey Park for little ones?

minnie-mouse
04-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Is there enough to keep a 3 and 6 year old occupied for a full day at Hershey Park? They will not go on roller coaster type thrill rides. Any ideas? Would they enjoy it?

OleDoleDoffin
04-01-2009, 11:24 AM
There are definitely plenty of kiddie rides and family rides in Hersheypark, and I bet they'd enjoy Chocolate World, too. But definitely consider nearby Dutch Wonderland, now run by the same company - it is all kiddie and family rides, with only two, quite tame coasters. It's also much smaller and generally less crowded.

yjgirl32
04-01-2009, 11:35 AM
I believe there will be enough to keep them content. There is also a couple of shows and the zoo. I agree chocolate world is a great place to start- plus it's free!

ThanxForNoticin
04-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Actually, Hersheypark does a lot for the younger kids. The rides, attractions, the zoo, and also Chocolate World make it a very fun day for the kids. Hope you enjoy it.

sfunicello
04-01-2009, 01:28 PM
If you plan to go when it is hot, there is also a water park section with lots of play areas for the little ones.

Tink1
04-01-2009, 01:57 PM
We took my oldest when he was 2 for the first time. There are a lot of kiddie rides, but you would not have known it by him!

We spent the ENTIRE day with him riding a bulldozer around, and around and around and around........

He was happy though!

Nanc

brownie
04-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Chocolate World is definitely worth checking out. We've been to Hershey a few times on our way to and from Philadelphia, but we haven't made it into Hershey Park yet.

We were having lunch at the restaurant at Hershey Park. One of the candy characters came to visit us at our table. Our oldest son, who was about 3 at the time, did not want anything to do with character. The character ended up getting behind him and tapping him on the shoulder. He let out this blood curdling scream, and the whole restaurant went quiet. A few moments later, there was a lot of this throughout the restaurant: :rotfl:. He's going to be 12 this summer and still doesn't like costumed characters! This might be part of the reason we've never really made it into Hershey Park.

RenDuran
04-01-2009, 03:13 PM
The one thing our family has always liked about Hershey Park is the kids rides are sprinkled all around the park. They're not all stuck in one spot the way they are at some theme parks.

The characters are some of the worst we've ever seen though! My husband and I always laugh at how lame it is to have your picture taken with a candy bar!