PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Questions...

Nini5055
04-01-2009, 10:52 AM
We currently have reservations for a Garden View room at the GF in May. We are arriving on a Thursday and departing on a Wednesday.

Should I request a room? If so, what is a good location (never stayed there before)?

Additionally, is it better to make a room request or wait until check-in and the possibility of a free upgrade (I know those are far and few between) and then if one isn't received, request the room if available?

What are the odds that there are plenty of rooms available for our Thursday arrival...is it more likely that most of the rooms have already been given away for the week? :confused:

SBETigg
04-01-2009, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't worry. I wouldn't request a specific room as those requests are hard to meet. If you have a building in mind or a special need, like you must have a day bed, I would make that request. Otherwise, I would just hold on and see what they have to offer. There aren't really any bad views or locations, or not many of them perhaps. I wouldn't know which to avoid.

TammiMcMan
04-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Some people will request a specific building, because it might be closer to what they enjoy. You can see a layout of the resort here, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/gfrs07.JPG . There are no standard garden rooms in the main building or Sugar Loaf, but all the other buildings would be an option for you.

The GF typically does not pre-assign rooms, so it's fine to wait until you get there and see what's available. Basically, when you check-in, they will try to get you a room right away and check on available inventory (i.e. rooms that have been vacated and cleaned). You can take the room that's available or chat with the CM and see what might be opening up later in the day. It could be worth waiting a few hours for a room overlooking the marina in Sago Cay (these are in the garden view category), or there are a few rooms in Boca Chica that overlook Narcoossees and offer an obstructed Castle view.