PDA

View Full Version : August ADR character breakfast?

Nicki'sMom
04-01-2009, 09:22 AM
:mcoffee:OK, I am planning my ADR's for August 17-22 and I am deciding between some character dining we have not done on the last two trips. Can anyone fill me in on Donald's Safari breakfast, 1900 Park Fare breakfast or Ohana? We will be at Ohana and 1900 for dinner but am wondering about breakfast.

Hayden's Dad
04-01-2009, 09:28 AM
It really depends on what characters you are wanting to meet.
Donald's Safari features Donald, Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy in Safari attire

Ohana's is Mickey, Lilo, Stitch, and Pluto

1900 features Alice, the Mad Hatter, Winnie the Pooh, and Tigger (I have heard of Mary Poppins meeting here too, but I think she is fairly rare)

I would rank them as Donald's first, Ohana's second and 1900 third. But any you choose you will have fun :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-01-2009, 07:31 PM
We had breakfast at Ohana and it was nice. Good food and good characters:mickey:

Suz36
04-04-2009, 02:57 PM
We did both Donald's and Ohana in February, and loved them both. I'd say the character interactions were a little better at Ohana, more choices of food at Donald's given it's a buffet, but both were very fun and very tasty.

Suz36
04-04-2009, 03:02 PM
One more thing. I felt much more relaxed at Ohana, since the food is served family style at the table. I always get so nervous that we are going to miss the characters when we go to buffets!

javamama
04-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Ohana's is family style which I love, the food was great they'll even do make your own eggs if you ask them too--over easy, sunnyside up, etc... Characters were great w/everyone not just the kiddos IMO so we loved it:thumbsup:

We haven't done the others, we of course love Chef Mickey's and do it every year:mickey:

wdw_bound
04-04-2009, 06:26 PM
I would not go to 1900 again. We've done it twice (dinner and breakfast). Dinner was great, but not memorable. Breakfast was terrible - characters were slow, food was bad, and service was only mediocre.

We loved Tusker House for breakfast. We got 8:05 ADRs, so we had some wonder photopass shots at the tree of life without strangers in the background. Breakfast was wonderful - plenty of standard foods, but a nice selection of ethnic ones to try as well. Service was some of the best of the trip. Characters were great - and dressed in safari gear, so it was quite unique. Now on our must-do list for the next trip.

Enjoy :mickey:

mom2morgan
04-04-2009, 11:16 PM
One more thing. I felt much more relaxed at Ohana, since the food is served family style at the table. I always get so nervous that we are going to miss the characters when we go to buffets!

I agree with you there! I know they are good about it - we DID miss Goofy at Chef Mickey's as me and one child were up at the buffet, and they sent him around again fairly promptly (the wait staff seems to be REALLY alert for that - we didn't have to say a thing!) but I remember REALLY enjoying Akershus because we could stay put and not worry about it.