PDA

View Full Version : Dining w crowds Easter wk

Crow
03-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Ill be there April 12-19
made 3 ADRs, CG, AP, Boma
but i was going to let the nephews pick some places when we get there.
w the predicted crowd levels, what do you think the chances are at getting in at TS places?
I dont mind off times.

barnaby
04-01-2009, 08:58 AM
We did one TS without ADRs last year during Easter Week. I wouldn't do it again. We went to the ESPN Club at around 7PM and had to wait an hour. Even the CS places were always crowded, even at off times. We ended up doing our CS meals at the ASMov food court where we were staying.

Not saying it can't be done, but if I went Easter week again, I'd make ADRs for all my TS meals.

javamama
04-02-2009, 09:06 PM
I would call and take what you can get even at off times. From what I've heard today from our planner at the Poly she seems to think the next two weeks are going to be really, really packed--totally her OP and just from what they've seen these past two weeks, and bookings. She said her b/f works in Adventureland and he's been getting overtime every night, because they keep the park open 2 extra hours---what recession:confused:

trudisneygal
04-03-2009, 03:02 AM
So even the CS are going to be overly crowed all the time?? We booked a last minute trip last weekend and are arriving on Sunday (4/5) but decided to go with the CS dining option b/c we knew we wouldn't get in at any TS since it was such short notice. Since it's just the two of us (my sis and I) we are planning to eat off times, but it sounds like even then we'll have a hard time. The only TS we have booked is Cape May for breakfast the second morning we are there. Does anyone have any suggestions on when would be best to eat CS?

TheRustyScupper
04-03-2009, 09:35 AM
. . . i was going to let the nephews pick some places when we get there . . .

1) Good vacation thought.
2) Bad vacation execution.
3) Everything will be very crowded, even counter service.
4) If you want sit-down, get an ADR.

barnaby
04-03-2009, 12:12 PM
I read on another site they were expecting record-breaking crowds nest week.

beksy
04-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Maybe your nephews can look at the website or you can describe places and let them choose ahead of time. Then when you get there if there's something they really want to change, you can always try to switch your ADRs.

Crow
04-03-2009, 07:09 PM
booo
never should have agreed to go that wk.
and to think it wouldnt b that bad when I made my ADRs a month or so ago & got all my choices.

Crow
04-03-2009, 10:50 PM
if it is that crazy when Im there Easter wk, what places do you think I have the best chances of getting in?