PDA

View Full Version : Princess dresses

Wrigley
03-31-2009, 09:11 PM
We are going to the world for Halloween, and we would like to buy our DD2 a princess costume to wear for the Halloween party. I was just wondering if anyone knows the cost of the the costumes at the World of Disney, or any other store down there (I'm sure it's the same price everywhere). Thanks so much!

g8rgirl29
03-31-2009, 09:29 PM
The Disney Store online has many princess costumes on sale right now for $29.99.

JCDarzi
03-31-2009, 09:55 PM
Hi,
We were at Disney World two weeks ago for Springbreak. My DD5 chose to spend her money on a princess dress - Ariel. We bought the dress at Downtown Disney. Interesting thing about the princess dresses, they may have been discounted which I have never seen before. The dresses were marked $59.95 on the price tags but a sign above each dress said $49.95. I can't remember how much we have paid for princesses dresses there in the past.

I would note that we had trouble finding my DD's size at the World of Disney. In fact, they were out of the XS & S sizes on the Belle Christmas dress as well. I asked did they have more in the back and she said no. It appeared they were in short supply of the smaller sizes. She recommended trying to find one in MK the next day. Thankfully, I remember that Once Upon a Toy also had the same Ariel dress. They had a 7/8 which was still too big but at least wearable. Their prices were just the same...price tag of $59.95 but had signs with $49.95 on the racks. It's nice to know that the prices are consistent through out DTD and the parks.

Hope this helps :princess:

GoofyMom09
04-01-2009, 07:49 AM
I was wondering the same thing and I did a lot of research on prices. My DD will be 3 when we go. I ended up getting a really cute Tinkerbell costume with wings at Walmart for $19. There are some really pretty ones on sale right now on Disneyshopping.com too.

cmsizzlin
04-01-2009, 08:48 AM
When we went in Oct of 08 and bought a princess dress for my niece is was 59.00 inside the Magic Kingdom.

Smart idea about the Tinker Bell Costume at Wal-Mart (Big Savings) especially since they grow out of them so fast.

mjaclyn
04-01-2009, 02:26 PM
My parents just returned from WDW and had purchased an adorable Belle costume for my DD 2 1/2. It was $65 (at the Emporium inside MK) and they also got her matching shoes. Personally, I think the best time to get costumes for little ones are right after halloween on the Disney shopping site. Last November I bought her an Alice in Wonderland costume, Cinderella costume and Snow White costume for $20 each on the website. I also ended up getting her matching shoes for the Cinderella & Snow White costumes on sale for $5 each.

You can also try the Disney Store outlet. They have a lot of great sales at the end of each season as well.