PDA

View Full Version : What room at POP

DANAM
03-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi all,
Yet another POP room question. We have always stayed in the 70's building closest to the parking lot. We drive to the parks everyday so we don't really need to be close to the bus stop but we do like being close to the food court and most of all the parking lot. I was thinking about a change for our trip in December and I was going to request one of the 50's buildings. It looks like the parking lot is still very close but hows the walk to Classic HAll? Also is there a view of anything along the back of the hotel besides hourglass lake? If so which building would put us close to the parking lots and have a view, if that is at all possible?

danicafan
03-31-2009, 04:20 PM
We were there in January and paid for a preferred room and stayed in the 60s Building. I think our room number was 4425 and it was on the 4th floor and a corner room. We loved it!

Strmchsr
03-31-2009, 04:55 PM
I stayed in the back of the 50s building last trip. We did this because we were told that you could see Illuminations fireworks from the top floor. The view of the lake is okay, but the view of the crumbling ruins of the "contemporary" section that was supposed to be built really ruins that view. Also, yes, you can see the fireworks, but barely. Not really worth being on the top floor. 50s is very close to the parking lot, though, and the walk isn't bad to Classic Hall.

Pop Centurion
03-31-2009, 08:48 PM
We've stayed in the 50's twice, both times facing the pool. The walk to Classic Hall is pretty short IMO. I think it's the best non-preferred location as long as you're not way at the end of the pool by the Jukebox.

ASweetLov
04-01-2009, 12:20 AM
I have stayed at the 50's buildings twice and loved it. The first trip I stayed in 50's building #1 facing the parking lot on the 1st floor. It was very quiet and a very short walk to Classic Hall. The second trip I stayed in 50's building #2 facing the pool next to the jukebox on the first floor. It wasnt loud at all facing the pool, I couldn't hear any noise at all and the walk to Classic Hall was really short too.

FenwayGirl
04-01-2009, 09:46 AM
which building at POP are considered preferred?

DANAM
04-01-2009, 10:19 AM
I have stayed at the 50's buildings twice and loved it. The first trip I stayed in 50's building #1 facing the parking lot on the 1st floor. It was very quiet and a very short walk to Classic Hall. The second trip I stayed in 50's building #2 facing the pool next to the jukebox on the first floor. It wasnt loud at all facing the pool, I couldn't hear any noise at all and the walk to Classic Hall was really short too.

Okay great, that's what I was wondering. I'm wondering you have called in building #1 is that the official POP building # because i would like to request it.

which building at POP are considered preferred?

I know that both 60's building are preferred and sometimes they say that some rooms in the 70's buildings are prefered.

TiggerD
04-01-2009, 10:26 AM
We have stayed at PC 3 times and are staying there again in Septmeber. I have requested a preferred room in Buildings 4 or 5 because it is near the Hippy Dippy Pool and the food court. We have stayed in the 50's area but my DH did not like the pool and he is not into the oldies music. :mickey:

LandFan
04-01-2009, 11:50 AM
I don't think Pop does "preferred" by building anymore. I think they just use the closest wings of all buildings as "preferred" - as a matter of fact I'm almost certain. We never pay for preferred and we were in the 60's play-doh building last time and it was not an upgrade.

We stayed in the "lady" 50's building once and while it is fairly close to the bus stops and the food court, we ended up preferring the "big wheel" 70's building which is where we stay most of the time.

The 60's "play-doh" building was a very nice location though and I would definitely stay there again.

ASweetLov
04-01-2009, 03:36 PM
DANAM yes they do refer to it as 50's building #1. It's the building with Lady as a huge icon. The room I got facing the parking lot was room #1160, it was on the first floor on the corner of the building. It was a very quiet area and a really short walk to Classic hall.

DANAM
04-01-2009, 03:49 PM
DANAM yes they do refer to it as 50's building #1. It's the building with Lady as a huge icon. The room I got facing the parking lot was room #1160, it was on the first floor on the corner of the building. It was a very quiet area and a really short walk to Classic hall.

Perfect!!! I am calling to add that to my reservation. We wanted a corner room on first floor. That's what we have gotten in the past. Should I give room number and a brief describtion to the CM of the phone. Such as, Room # 1160 first floor close to classic hall and facing the parking lot. I have heard that if you just give a room # and that one room isn't avaialble they just give you whatever.

Thanks again for everyone's help!!!!!

FenwayGirl
04-02-2009, 03:02 PM
LanFan what does your family like about the 70's building. I am staying at POP for the first time in May and have no idea of the layout.