PDA

View Full Version : Geyser at the WL

DANAM
03-31-2009, 03:56 PM
Hi I was reading some of the trip reports from Christmas and someone wrote about seeing the geyser go off at WL. Can anyone give me somemore info on this? What time does it go off? Where exactly is it located?

wendy*darling
03-31-2009, 04:00 PM
The geyser is out past the far end of the pool. There is a walkway out there and places where you can watch it.
It spouts off every hour on the hour starting at 7:00am until 10:00pm.
It's pretty cool to see- but watch which way the wind is blowing if you don't need a shower! ;)

DANAM
03-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Wonderful we are going on the sleigh ride and will be eating at Artist Point that night. I am so glad it goes off at night. They don't do anything special with it during Christmas do they? Thanks again for the info

CaptSmee
03-31-2009, 10:51 PM
anything special? nope, it's just a geyser. water sprays up in the air...that's as special as it gets

Polynesian Dweller
03-31-2009, 11:39 PM
It's pretty cool to see- but watch which way the wind is blowing if you don't need a shower! ;)

It really does put out a massive spray of water and for quite a long time. We were watching it last October with a pretty good wind from the N. The spray was reaching the lodge's east side and soaking the balconies. So a good warning. Look at the wind and make sure you aren't in the wrong spot. But make sure you see the show, its great.

Nicki'sMom
04-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Our daughter was 3 1/2 at the time and LOVED it when the geyser errupted. I love WL!:mickey: