03-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Cast of Characters:

Julie a/k/a Princess Girls 40 year old birthday girl
Fred DH, fastpass runner and overall great guy

DD#1 Morgan 8 Disney ride lover
DD#2 Madison 7 Disney princess and ride lover

Resort: Port Orleans French Quarter
March 21-28

Our day starts bright and early as we leave our home for EWR at 4:30am for our 7am flight on Jet Blue. Plane takes off on time, and we are on our way!! Whooohoooo!!
Arrive at MCO at 9:45 and quickly make our way over to Magic Express. No problems, got right on a bus and we were on our way to drop off at Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, and then our stop at the French Quarter.
I LOVED THIS RESORT, from the moment we stepped off the bus. So pretty and manageable! Everything was so close. I did the online check-in which was wonderful, our room was ready. A great room 3241 with two big windows. While in our room putting our carry-ons away, our grocery order came from the Garden Grocer and our luggage from Magic Express... WOW!!! This is great! I am feeling the magic. Much better experience than our August 07 trip.
It's noon and we are off to the Magic Kingdom!!
Upon entering there is the celebration parade coming down Main Street. It is a beautiful day, warm and sunny. I am so blessed. Morgan and Madison skip down Main Street. Life is good.
We wait in line for Splash-20 minutes, fast pass Big Thunder, do Pirates and Tiki Birds, and have a quick lunch at Peco's Bill, before taking in the 3 o'clock parade. Another round of Splash, Big Thunder, and a few others, the girls get hair wraps and we make our way over to Chef Mickey's for our dinner. We checked in on time and there was no wait for our table. The food was delicious and we all had fun with the characters.
The evening was beautiful, with the sun setting over the seven seas lagoon. We decide to call it an early evening and head back to the hotel.
It was a wonderful first day!
Julie:mickey:

danicafan
03-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Sounds like you are having a great time. I celebrated my 40th Birthday in January with 8 of my family members and am heading back in July to celebrate my Best Friends 40th! Can't wait!!

SBETigg
03-31-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm headed down for a belated 40th celebration in April. What a great first day you had! Thanks for reporting.

pdrlkr
03-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
04-01-2009, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
What a great way to start your trip. Glad to hear you liked POFQ- we will be staying there for the 1st time in Sept. Thanks for reporting.

DizNee143
04-01-2009, 10:58 AM
sounds like a great travel and first day at the world!! :mickey:
cant wait to read more about it..

faline
04-01-2009, 12:08 PM
You're off to a wonderful start!

Don't you just love how you can be home one minute and in the Magic Kingdom in time for lunch the next?!

divinedi
04-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Happy Birthday!! We went to POFQ for the first time this year, we loved it too!!

Glad you had a good first day.

sleepingbooty
04-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Sounds awesome!:thumbsup:

the other micki
04-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Great start to the trip! I'm celebrating my 40th birthday this year, also! We're be at WDW in 21 days (although my birthday's not until July!)

mouseketeer mom
04-06-2009, 08:19 PM
This is a great start! Loving the warm glow of your report!:)