PDA

View Full Version : All Star Sports

bluetink
03-31-2009, 01:56 PM
We have booked all star sports for our next trip. Someone told me, or I read, that they are the first picked up on the bus routes at the resort. Do the All Stars also share a bus back to the hotels from the parks or do they each have their own?

Also can you tell me good and bad points about the resort? Thanks!!

brewcrew26
03-31-2009, 03:34 PM
The order is ASSp, ASMu, ASMo. They share going to the parks, but I believe you get individual buses to the resorts upon return. At least that's what it was three weeks ago when we were at ASMo.

Leighler
03-31-2009, 03:39 PM
I stayed at Sports back when it opened and it might have been the only choice at the time....music might've been in the works or even there- not sure. I didn't have a problem with it. I know one good point is that I've been told it was the least popular AS resort which makes it more quiet, less crowded, etc. That is DEFINITELY a bonus. I believe the rooms have been renovated as well! Have fun!! :mickey:

DANAM
03-31-2009, 03:44 PM
On the way back they don't share. In fact I don't remmeber sharing on the way there either. I know this because we got stuck in DHS waiting for a bus to the Music for over an hour. So we hopped on the next all star bus and walked. I told the bus driver when we got on that we waited and waited for a bus and no one came and he still said that he wasn't allowed to go to the Music but I could walk from there if I wanted. So we did and we still made it back before the bus finally arrived. I went to the food court about 10 min after we got back and the bus with the others that we were waiting for finally got back. I don't suggest walking it was a good 20 min walk from there bus stop to a Music prefered room.

azcavalier
03-31-2009, 04:23 PM
We didn't like Sports. I don't know why the above poster said it was the least popular. I've heard the opposite, that it was the most popular. It's also where all of the youth groups stay. You know, Cheerleading groups, little league groups, etc. Anytime there is something going on at Wide World of Sports, the kids stay there. So they're running up and down the walkways all night, past your room, knocking on your door at midnight and then running away giggling, because, you know, ticking off old people is hilarious. Can you tell we were less than impressed? Thing is, we had heard of this kind of stuff happening, decided to try it anyway (We'd already stayed at the other AS resorts), and it's exactly what happened to us. We'll never go back to AS-Sports. IF we stay at an All-Star, it will be at the other two.

Leighler
03-31-2009, 04:34 PM
We didn't like Sports. I don't know why the above poster said it was the least popular. I've heard the opposite, that it was the most popular. It's also where all of the youth groups stay. You know, Cheerleading groups, little league groups, etc.

That definitely makes sense. A travel agent once told me when they have promotions- free dining and such it's the last of the value resorts to fill up (run out of promotion rooms)....which is definitely totally different than the "least popular." Sorry for any confusion. :)

sainter
04-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Just back from Sports last weekend. We only ever shared a bus with the other All Stars in the middle of the day - and not even every time.
The rooms have definitely been renovated in the not too distant past. Our's was clean and in good condition.
There were a lot of teens there--cheerleaders, choir groups and a huge Senior class trip (600 kids). That made the food court busy in the morning and late at night. We had a preferred room in Surf's Up and they were all staying in buildings farther away from the main building, so there were no problems with noise.
We also overheard some of the chaparones talking about the night time rules - the kids had to hand in their room keys at bed check. It seemed like midnight was the magic hour that all the kids just disappeared!
So I guess it would make a difference what might be gonig on as far as the youth activities when you go.
I think that it is the last All Star to fill in a promotion because it was the only one we could get into this time (7 for 4).

bluetink
04-01-2009, 10:40 AM
thanks for all the replies! :mickey:

AllDisney
04-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Sports is our least favorite. There seems to be more out of controls kids/teens than at Movies & Music. Sports, as already mentioned, houses the teams, squads, leagues that make it to WDW for various reasons.

Hope you have a great trip:mickey:

Hull-onian
04-06-2009, 06:09 PM
In defense of ASSp, we have had clean rooms. In a quiet area. No kids knocking on doors or running around anywhere. We have had excellent luck with the food court. The CM's are always courteous. The conceirge is good too. They have a nice big swimming pool that is cleaned good, and well maintained. The bus service has always been good. However, sometimes, we would take a taxi, and it was more comfortable. I would go back there again.:thumbsup: