PDA

View Full Version : Marriner Christmas Special Day 2 Part 1

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Ok folks let me start off by apologizing. I had a major computer crash and didn’t have access (or so I thought) to Intercot. Turns out I was wrong, my work computer isn’t blocking it so I can now get my Disney Fix Daily. Moving on…

I know that it is almost April and some folks really wont be that interested in reading stuff that went on 3 months ago but I want to share our experience because I enjoy writing from time to time, its nice to relive the memories and finally if I can help someone a more magical time because of some of the tips I put in, that’s even better.

OK to the Parks. We loaded up in the van after making sure we didn’t have to deal with Extra Magic Hours. Im sure locals and regulars already know that stuff backwards and forwards but it tripped us up sort of on the first day and we were not going to let it happen again. My group decided that we were going to go to Hollywood Studios today. My parents stayed home and my sister and her hubby went to AK. So it was just me, Wifey, Mom in Law and the 4 kids. Not to bad. Much easier to handle than all eleven of us. We get into the park and didn’t really have a plan. Shame on me but it was just to hard when there was so much stuff that only one or two of our group wanted to do. I personally love almost every attraction at that park. But then again, Im a Disney Nut. It took some convincing but we decided that we would head over to the Muppets in 3D. We all love the Muppets and it was a good choice to start the day. Here is a bit of a odd fact, if you are in the waiting room for the show, look around. There are sight gags/play on words all over the place. For example, there is a net that has Jello cubes in it ( A net Full of Jello/ Annete Futecello from the old Mickey Mouse Club). Like I said I love the Muppets but this is one of the oldest 3D attractions that Disney has I think and it needs revamped. Its no where near as good as the newer stuff such as Mickeys Philharmagic.

When we left the Muppets it was time for some pin trading. My Mother in Law decided she didn’t want to do it any more and gave back the pins we gave her to trade. I thought she was crazy but hey that’s more for us to use for trade bait right? Of course I am. So we used our hunting skills and pounced on any CM that walked by who had pins. We were also stopping folks who had pins on their lanyards as well. Some had some WOW pins but of course they weren’t trading, they were merely showing them off. I can understand that but it was disappointing at times.

After a bit of this, DSS12 started in on how bad he wanted to ride the ToT. I like the ride and think its themed perfectly so I was in but surprisingly no one else was. Sigh. Like a dropped glass, our group was shattered for a while. DS16 and DS 13 wanted to rife Rockin Roller Coaster and the ladies said they would just walk around and to call them when we were done. Don’t you just love Cell Phones? I made one last ditch effort to try to get my wife (who has a severe fear of heights) to go on ToT with us. Surprisingly she said she would go, but on one condition. She would get to stick an ink pen in my left eye if she rode it. Hmmmm. Not wanting to be known as the Cyclops at future family reunions, I decided to drop the matter.

DSS12 and I get into the line for the ToT and Holy **** its long. 75 Mins!! But it was the one ride he really wanted to ride at the park so we waited. Let me say here I am glad we went in December. The wait line is outside and I cant Imagine how hot it is in July or Aug. Granted most of it is under shade of trees and later the courtyard but I’m sure its miserable when its hot. Inside was great, with all the hotel themeing and dust and everything. I just wish we could have stayed in the lobby a bit longer to look at things. The Imagineers spend so much effort in to making it awesome for us, id like to take time and appreciate it. But once we got inside it didn’t take long to get into the “boiler room” area. Need to applaud the Imagineers here as well. Great Job. Also a lot of scary movies have really bad things happen in boiler room. DSS12 was getting really freaked out, and I couldn’t stop laughing at him. Yeah Im mean but seriously, if you would have seen the look of almost panic on his face. Priceless. I did ask if he still wanted to ride, there is a chicken exit before you get on but he said yes he was fine. (pause to roll eyes). It becomes our turn to enter the elevator and we get in, strap in and are ready to go. DSS12 is so scared its beyond funny. Whats sad though is he had never heard of The Twilight Zone before then so he didn’t appreciate the tie in with the show. To him it was just a Haunted House kind of ride. The car takes off and the effects are perfect as always. Im smiling and having a great time, while DSS12 is trying to see if he can make handprints in the steel bars. Without further description, we get to the climax and the lights go out. He starts yelling “Im SO SCARED!!” repeatedly…. And then the car drops. Now he is just yelling incoherently. Me, I am laughing so hard I cant breathe. Folks If there could have been a camera on him while were in there I could have won $10,000. Ok enough of that. We exit the ride and go through the store. Unfortunately the pic of us on the ride isn’t good and we don’t get it. Now that we are off the ride, he claims he loved it. And to this day he says that’s his favorite ride of the whole trip. Me and his Mom still tease him though.

Ok I am going to use this as a natural break in the action. My posts tend to be long so I will end Day two part one here. Please come read the other parts and if you didn’t read the first day posts, please go back and check it out, we had a lot of fun. Coming up: Turkey legs, Evil witches and Dragons. Oh My!!

DANAM
03-31-2009, 04:22 PM
How funny!!! Just last night I was reading all the Christmas vacation reports from last year and I get on today and found yours. I can't wait to here more. Can I ask when you where there we are going Dec 12-22 so I am trying to get an idea of what I should expect crowd wise.

pdrlkr
03-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
04-01-2009, 09:06 AM
sounds like a good day...
thats to funny about your son on tot...glad he had a good time on it though!:mickey:

faline
04-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Kids are funny about what they like and don't like! Sounds like you had fun!

vizsla
04-03-2009, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
04-03-2009, 08:32 AM
That is too funny. Her you can tease him a little bit more- my ds3 went on the ride and didn't scream at all. He was laughing the entire time- I was more nervous that this ride would terrify him. Great report. Can't wait to read more.