PDA

View Full Version : Water bottles in the parks

Luv4WDW
03-31-2009, 10:57 AM
I have sort of a strange question. I'd like to bring a refillable bottle with water in it into the parks since I'll be there in summer and I know it will be so beastly hot. How do you guys carry bottles of water? I don't like the lanyards that you wear around your neck and attach the water because it gets heavy on my neck. Do you use backpacks? That also seems like it would get hot.

EmmMOM2
03-31-2009, 11:04 AM
We either put ours in our cupholders of the stroller, of course that only works if you are bringing young kids. Or we would keep them in a big duffel bag that we brought with us. We didn't find that they got all that warm. We would keep them cold in our fridge before we left for the parks to make them nice and cold and then we would bring them.
To be honest we drank them before they ended up getting warm. haha!!

Dragongirlx
03-31-2009, 11:15 AM
I have a small backpack that has a mesh net on the side for bottles and my sister and I take turns carrying it - it has never gotten to heavy or too hot but them I don't bring a lot of stuff just the essentials

JoDisney
03-31-2009, 11:38 AM
I like to bring the Klean Kanteen stainless steel bottles and use those colored metal clips to put on the bottle cap. I hang it off my purse or whatever I want to clip it on. I like the stainless steel, especially in the Summer. I recently saw something similar on ecocanteen.com.

Tinkerkel
03-31-2009, 11:58 AM
We usually have a fridge in our room so we can freeze one for each person overnight & put those in the backpack. We also usually carry one in our hands as we go into the parks. By lunch time, the back pack is empty & we'll buy one with our lunch & maybe buy one more during the day before supper. We've tried the refillable bottles, but the water from the fountains tastes terrible. I think you can get a cup of water from any of the counter service places & refill your bottle that way.

g8rgirl29
03-31-2009, 12:07 PM
We bring the 16.9oz Propel or Gatorade bottles that we fill 3/4 full in our room and freeze them. Add water in the am then we put them in a cozy type thing that I got at walmart that helps insulate and also has a nice clip that can go on your belt loop, purse, stroller, or lanyard. We also take one per person and we also have backups for the afternoon/evening as we almost always go back to the room for a quick break.

dnickels
03-31-2009, 12:10 PM
Don't forget that if you really want to travel light with no backpack or anything extra, the drinking fountains are certainly plentiful enough to do so. Sure you might be in a line for an attraction and have to wait 30 or 40 minutes, but if you grab a drink each time you pass a fountain you can eliminate the need to carry water around with you. :thumbsup:

joelkfla
03-31-2009, 08:50 PM
There are carabiner-type clips attached to a rubber ring that slips over the neck of a standard .5l bottle of water. I bought one a few years ago at DL; I haven't noticed whether they're currently on sale at WDW.

I've also seen them in the luggage aisle at Wal-Mart, but with a short strap between the bottle and clip, which I found less comfortable (too much swingage :cool:).

Chandlerella
03-31-2009, 08:55 PM
I have the carabiner thingy I bought at AK Lodge a few years ago. It worked so well that my mom bought one last year. I attach it to my belt loop or my camera bag/purse

#1donaldfan
04-01-2009, 12:28 PM
....we take several refillable bottles with us....we do put them in our backpack....before filling it with water we fill it full of ice, then add bottled water, close the cap, wrap in a wash cloth, and away we go...it pretty much stays cold the entire time...at least till it's empty....:mickey:

tys_mommy
04-01-2009, 01:34 PM
you can get cups of ice water from any counter service place that has a sink - just something to keep in mind if you don't want to carry your own bottles around wiht you.

homeschool mom
04-02-2009, 06:50 AM
I'll agree with tys_mommy. :mickey: We got a lot of ice water from the counter service restaurants on our trip in May a couple of years ago. No need to carry around bottled water. Some don't like the water at the parks, but I'm a bottled water fan, and I liked the water in the parks. I guess it depends on how thirsty you get. :blush:

15 days and counting to 20th anniv. trip with DH!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-02-2009, 09:31 PM
I carry my little Disney backpack and usually have about 3 bottles of water (16.9 oz) to start the day. To me, it's worth it to carry them around. And then your load gets lighter as you drink them. It doesn't even matter to me if they get warm because if its hot out, I'll drink it anyway!

joelkfla
04-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Those carabiner clips with the rubber Mouse Ears ring are still available.

I saw them yesterday on the keyring display at Mickey's of Hollywood in DHS. So they're probably in all parks' main merchandise location.