PDA

View Full Version : small backpack on rides???

tinkerddeedee
03-31-2009, 10:57 AM
I was thinking about buying a small-ish backpack for my trip, but it is a bit price-y and I don't want to leave it hanging on our stroller when I go onto a ride. Am I allowed to wear it on the rides? It's pretty small, cloth, not bulky!:shrug:

c&d
03-31-2009, 11:05 AM
I have a Vera Bradley backpack that I take to the parks and there's always been room to put it under or on the seat with me.

If I'm on a roller coaster I'll always wrap it around my leg so I don't lose it.

EmmMOM2
03-31-2009, 11:07 AM
We always brought our camera bag on with us, which is as large as a purse. Though we don't ride roller coasters so I'm not sure what happens then.

Dragongirlx
03-31-2009, 11:13 AM
I have ridden all the rides with a small back pack - for rollercoasters as long as you wrap one of the straps around your foot you should be fine - just remember its there when you get up

tinkerddeedee
03-31-2009, 11:16 AM
I have a Vera Bradley backpack that I take to the parks and there's always been room to put it under or on the seat with me.

If I'm on a roller coaster I'll always wrap it around my leg so I don't lose it.

This is what I have also:thumbsup: Thank you!

tinkerddeedee
03-31-2009, 11:16 AM
We always brought our camera bag on with us, which is as large as a purse. Though we don't ride roller coasters so I'm not sure what happens then.

I'm not a coaster girl either, so no problem there;) Thanks!

tinkerddeedee
03-31-2009, 11:17 AM
I have ridden all the rides with a small back pack - for rollercoasters as long as you wrap one of the straps around your foot you should be fine - just remember its there when you get up

This is funny, but true! That would be me:mad: Thanks!!

cer
03-31-2009, 11:30 AM
I carry a full size back pack on all rides with no problem and like the previous posters have said, put your foot through the strap on the wilder rides, you will not have any problem at all. :thumbsup:

Meteora
03-31-2009, 11:42 AM
I've carried a pretty large purse (think tote bag size), and been fine. On the less wild rides, you still might want to keep it between your feet on the floor.

Just make sure the backpack closes in such a way that you could feel if anyone behind you opened it to take something out or put something in. I know, I know, it's Disney, but hey--I'm a New Yorker. ;)

ThanxForNoticin
03-31-2009, 12:22 PM
We've never had any problems taking a small bag on the rides with us. In fact, many of the rides have pouches there for you to put your bags.

I have always found it very annoying that some of the 'rival' theme parks in the area make you go through the hassle of putting your stuff in a locker before the ride and then going back to the locker to retrieve it after the ride.

brer frog
03-31-2009, 01:47 PM
I always have a pack with me, for watar bottles, or resort mugs, sweatshirts etc...

I always have one strap through the leg, and have yet to have a problem.

kakn7294
03-31-2009, 02:10 PM
There's a pouch on the back of the seat in front of you where you can store your items although I never use it. I just wrap the strap around my arm or leg and hold onto my bag. I've taken a drawstring backpack onto rides without any problem.

DANAM
03-31-2009, 03:30 PM
I carry a large sling/messanger style bag with us on everything. I much prefer it over the backback style because the strap goes across your chest and I just sit it on the seat next to me on all rides. Trying to get 2 kids off and on a ride that doesn't stop (peter pan and many others) is challenging enough without tring to get a backpack off too. The bag I have is manhattan project I think. There are 2 inner pockets and 1 zippered very small pocket and a flap over the front with a plastic clasp. They are a little expensive but I have had mine 4 years or so and it still look brand new.

Insanity Clause
03-31-2009, 04:23 PM
I have an organizer bag that straps to your side so there really isn't any fear of it flying up. The only issue would be on Rockin Roller coaster because of the loops. So on that one I will definately be wrapping it around my foot.

PrincessJadesMom
04-02-2009, 04:28 PM
On our last trip my daughter bought a little Disney backpack in one of the parks, and we carried it with us everywhere. She decided she liked carrying that rather than wearing her fannypack. On rides like Space Mountain and Expedition Everest we put it in the pouch that's in front of your seat, and we had no problems.:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-02-2009, 09:22 PM
I was going to suggest one of the Disney backpacks also. They weren't really expensive, they have an outside pocket and they pull close so things won't fly out. You can wrap it around your foot or even keep it over one shoulder and kind of press it against your side on some of the rides.

Daddy Mouse
04-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Yes, you can take it on the rides with you. A couple of suggestions if your on a ride in which you could ge wet you may want to have a plastic bag with you to keep the contents dry. Find a way to clip it to your body if you are on a ride like coasters that the bag could be lost.

tinkerddeedee
04-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Yes, you can take it on the rides with you. A couple of suggestions if your on a ride in which you could ge wet you may want to have a plastic bag with you to keep the contents dry. Find a way to clip it to your body if you are on a ride like coasters that the bag could be lost.
Oh, thats a GREAT idea! I've bought those bigger zip lock bags to put my kids clothes in when packing, I'll throw one of them in my backpack!!!! Thanks!!!:thanks:

kemps@wdw
04-07-2009, 12:02 AM
I know it's lame, but I still love my old fanny pack. :funny: Small, lightweight, holds all the things I actually NEED (card key, $, and camera, and a few extras), easy to get thru gate checks, and I don't have to reach around to get it off my back when I need something, and don't have to take it off (unless I go to the ladies room). I like easy, and obviously I'm not concerned w/fashion, so I have to stick w/my trusty fanny pack!:D

pluto 77
04-07-2009, 10:07 AM
As many posters have already said, we take a full size backpack with us every day to the parks. We have taken it on evey ride with us, even when it is full. It will not be a problem for you to do so either, just wrap it aaround your leg! :mickey:

Imagineer1981
04-08-2009, 02:53 PM

I forgot once and nearly killed myself trying to step out of RnR. HA HA

EJS-Houston
04-15-2009, 06:05 PM
I was thinking about buying a small-ish backpack for my trip, but it is a bit price-y and I don't want to leave it hanging on our stroller when I go onto a ride. Am I allowed to wear it on the rides? It's pretty small, cloth, not bulky!:shrug:

Not a problem! I took a small travel pack with me two years ago and took on every ride. Most of them have bags (e.g. Mission Space, Expedition Everest, pretty much all of 'em) in which you can store purses, packs, etc...but most of the time I just put the pack down on the floor and put my foot and leg through one of the straps. I went on Expedition Everest and the Aerosmith Rock'n'Roller Coaster that way with no difficulty at all.

brer frog
04-16-2009, 07:50 AM
I just got back with a new pack; and had no problems. Space mountain was a bit tight, so I gave the pack to someone smaller (shorter) and they held the pack in the car during the ride.

My pack has is 21 x 12 x 9 inches with a hard back, so it doesn't squish down in height

TeamJonasSister
04-17-2009, 03:18 PM
I wear my bag all the time on the rides,

stitcherbelle
04-18-2009, 03:00 PM
So you're bringing a small backpack? I am pretty sure you are allowed to wear small backpacks on rides because we always take packs that you strap around your waste with us on every ride! So I assume you should be allowed to take a small backpack on the ride. Have a great trip!:waycool::coaster::tink:

handmaidenofprincesses
04-18-2009, 03:47 PM
I have a great little backpack that has become a staple of my Disney (and all other) vacations. It's relatively small, and folds up into a keychain when not in use, but it also holds quite a bit. (on my last trip it carried a 1" binder, a poncho, my wallet, camera, extra batteries, cell phone, mini collapsible umbrella, hand lotion and sunscreen, and whatever souvies I bought during the day- I'm really not high-maintenance I swear, I just like to be prepared haha) I can't quite remember the brand name (I think it starts with a Y or a Z) but I believe I bought it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. The fact the it folds up is incredibly convenient- more room in my suitcase for souvies :)

ASweetLov
04-18-2009, 04:23 PM
I always take my small backpack purse on rides with me. If you go on splash mountain and dont want to get your small backpack wet just bring a plastic bag with you and put in in there while you are on the ride. Thats what i do and it works perfectly, that way I know my camera,cell phone, etc... dont get wet and ruined!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-18-2009, 06:36 PM
I forgot once and nearly killed myself trying to step out of RnR. HA HA
LOL! I could sooo picture myself doing this! :mickey: I love picking out a new little backpack for my trips--it's all about the pockets--and finding little straps so I don't get a strange tan....:wave:

tinkerddeedee
04-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Ok guys, I bought a new VB backsack for me and my two oldest DD's. We are so weird!!!!!!
Everyone tells me I'll love it for vaca!

handmaidenofprincesses
04-20-2009, 12:35 PM
I can't quite remember the brand name (I think it starts with a Y or a Z) but I believe I bought it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. The fact the it folds up is incredibly convenient- more room in my suitcase for souvies :)

Okay, don't know why I can't edit my post... but anyways, I was way off, the brand name is "Kiva." Just in case anyone was wondering, haha. I love my little fold up keychain backpack!