PDA

View Full Version : resort change

saunie
03-31-2009, 09:14 AM
We're booked for POR in June. DH will be celebrating a "special" birthday near the end of our week, and I was thinking of upgrading to deluxe for the last two nights as a surprise. Will that be possible and do you think it's worth the extra fuss of moving?

Seasonscraps
03-31-2009, 10:43 AM
That would be such a fun surprise! For two nights, I think it's worth the trouble and it really isn't that much trouble except for packing up. Bell services will move the bags for you. Where are you thinking of upgrading to?

mom2morgan
03-31-2009, 02:53 PM
That's a fabulous idea - what a fun suprise! I'd say it's definitely worth it, and not a lot of extra work at all. I wouldn't even cost much to take a cab if you want to make sure your bags arrive quickly - but even better if you could somehow get him out the door while you call bell services, so he wouldn't even know about the change until you went "home" after the park on the day of the move ;-)

saunie
03-31-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm really glad that I'm getting positive vibes, any suggestions for a great place. His birthday is June 16th and we're leaving the 18th, so that would be the day. We're having dinner at California Grill that night.:cloud9:

TammiMcMan
03-31-2009, 04:50 PM
The only time that split stays become complicated, is if you're on some type of package. Disney is just not capable of combining them into one reservation.

If you're on a room only reservation, it's a matter of cancelling your last 2 nights at POR and making a brand new reservation for 2 nights at "?". Considering you are having dinner at the Contemporary resort, maybe you'll want to stay there or right in the area. If you're stealthy enough, you could get everything moved and checked in to the new resort without him knowing.

Dsnygirl
04-01-2009, 12:28 AM
:mickey: I think it's a great idea!! We're (hopefully ;)) doing a split stay in October for our anniversary, from CBR to AKL. From what I've heard, the process of moving is pretty easy, and it gives us the chance to have a bit of something special for the end part of our trip. I say go for it!! :thumbsup:

saunie
04-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Spoke to Disney, and since we're on the 4/7special, it will be pretty costly. It's still an option, but I'm going to wait a bit to decide.