PDA

View Full Version : Marietta, GA help

VWL Mom
03-31-2009, 07:52 AM
We are headed back to Marietta in July for another baseball tournament. Last year when we returned someone asked if we had been to a diner that was featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives". Does anyone know the diner and if it is actually in Marietta?

murphy1
03-31-2009, 08:30 AM
It might be the Marietta Diner you are talking about. They are still open. You have to go to The Varsity too, it's an institution!

a prince and princess mom
03-31-2009, 09:43 AM
If you have any questions about the area maybe I can help. We live about 15 minutes from Marietta. PM me if I can be of assistance.

VWL Mom
04-02-2009, 08:16 AM
It might be the Marietta Diner you are talking about. They are still open. You have to go to The Varsity too, it's an institution!

Doh :doh:, do I feel dumb! Will look into The Varsity too.

If you have any questions about the area maybe I can help. We live about 15 minutes from Marietta. PM me if I can be of assistance.

Thanks for the offer. You will probably hear from me as we get closer. Fifteen 17 yr olds plus parents for eight days is a whole lot of meals.

emmatink
04-02-2009, 10:43 PM
You can PM me also. My husband grew up in Marietta and we live just outside of Marietta now. It is a big place though! Let me know what part of Marietta the tournament is in and maybe we can help too.

GrumpyFan
04-03-2009, 12:35 AM
There are a couple of different web sites where they've cataloged all of the restaurants he's been to. You can Google, "Diners, Drive-ins and dives", to find a couple of them. I found one, and it says it's the "Marietta Diner".

kakn7294
04-03-2009, 08:23 AM
DDD is one of my favorite shows - I definately remember the Marietta Diner featured on one episode although there may have been others. You can check the DDD section of the Food Network website to see where else they've been.

Cinderella's mom
05-03-2009, 05:03 PM
We just got back from Joe's Crab Shack in Alpharetta, GA. it is a little piece from Marietta, but well worth the drive! Try the Crab Nachos! YUM! Wish I had some reight now!:thumbsup:

VWL Mom
05-03-2009, 07:14 PM
We just got back from Joe's Crab Shack in Alpharetta, GA. it is a little piece from Marietta, but well worth the drive! Try the Crab Nachos! YUM! Wish I had some reight now!:thumbsup:

Crab Nachos definitely got my attention. I'm adding that one to the list. :thumbsup:

Mousemates
05-10-2009, 11:01 PM
When in the Atlanta area a stop at the varsity is a must....and when in Marietta one should always eat at "the big chicken"...an original KFC that is shaped liked...you guessed it... a big chicken. Google "the big chicken" for pics or just plug in 12 Cobb Parkway North, Marietta GA 30062 into your garmin and drive straight to it...an amazing little slice of Americana.