PDA

View Full Version : Our Disney World Wedding Planning Pre-trip Report!

Bethanymouse
03-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Hello there my friends! I cant believe it is already time to write our pre-trip report. As some of you may know, we are planning our WDW wedding that is going to take place on July 31, 2009. Part of the process is a planning session that takes place about 4 months prior to your wedding. This is our planning session trip (with some disney park time and eating included!)

Cast:

BethanyMouse- Me, the bride! Super excited to take some time away from graduate school and work!

Anthony- my handsome groom. Ready to get the show on the road!

Mom- the mother of the bride. Very happy and super ecstatic to plan plan plan!

Dad- father of the bride, ready to relax!

George- My dad's cousin, always ready for a good time!

Joey- Brother of the bride- only with us for part of the trip- but ready to take on Everest!

Dates: April 9 to April 16th
The Place: Disney's Contemporary Resort (our first time) My parents have stayed here many years ago, I guess I have too....but I was 2!

April 9th- I have a half day of work, they off we go to the airport. Our flight leaves at 8:00 pm and lands in Orlando at 11. We are renting a car and heading to the Homewood Suites for the night.

April 10- Check into the Contemporary and off we go! We think we may head right over to MK. Dinner is at California Grill! MK is open late, so we will probably close the park!

April 11- AK opens early so we will probably head there just to do Everest and then wait until 9 when Kali opens up. We may try to head over to MGM afterwards to try and catch TSM. We really want Joey to get to see it. Dinner is at Ohanas! We are ready for some bread pudding!

What? Day 3 is over and still no wedding planning? I know, I know, it is the reason for the trip. But cant we have some park fun too?!?

April 12- Epcot for EMH morning. We are eating an early Easter Sunday dinner at 2:30 at Teppan Edo and then Joey is off to the airport. MK is open late. Anthony and I will probably try to close the park again!

April 13- Breakfast at Kona Cafe- cant wait to sink my teeth into that Tonga Toast! We are then off to do some wedding planning with our magnificent disney wedding planner at the GF. From 9-1 we are in planning mode at Francks. Then a break from 1-2 and then the food tasting at the GF from 2:30 on. Oh what fun! Lots of decisions! That night we are heading over to Le Cellier....I hope we are hungry!

April 14- MK opens early. It is our last day in Disney :(. We are eating dinner at Wolfgang pucks and then back to MK for the fireworks and light parade. Not sure if we will head over to Epcot for late night.

April 15- We check out of Contemporary after hair trial. Kona Breakfast again and then I have my hair trial with leJune Salon. After some fun hair stuff, over we go to Carol Allen's to pick out the tuxes and find out about the dress steaming. The off for some dinner- not sure where- Orlando area I suppose. That night we are at the Homewood Suites again....early morning tomorrow!

April 16- Our flight leaves early. It was supposed to be at 8:30 but I believe it was switched to 6:30 am! Home sweet home and back to reality!

Thanks for reading! I will take lots of pics of wedding planning stuff to share when I get home!

SBETigg
03-31-2009, 06:52 AM
Sounds wonderful, a dream wedding in the making. Can't wait to hear about the food tasting, especially! Best wishes for a wonderful trip and planning session.

RedSoxFan
03-31-2009, 07:35 AM
Sounds like a great trip. Hope you all have a wonderful time and happy wedding planning.:mickey:

DizNee143
03-31-2009, 08:57 AM
sounds like its gonna be a great trip..cant wait to hear how it all went!! have fun! :mickey:

faline
04-01-2009, 02:49 PM
What a fun and exciting time of your life! Make sure to savor all of it!

cmsizzlin
04-02-2009, 09:09 AM
I wish you lots of Magic. Sounds like you already have a well thought out plan.
Best Wishes

illini
04-02-2009, 10:46 AM
How exciting! It sounds like a perfect trip. And gosh-- July 31 isn't far off at all.

yjgirl32
04-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Have a great time. Enjoy all the magic and please be sure to post.

sleepingbooty
04-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Oh, what fun! I can't wait to read your (hopefully very detailed) report when you get back!

dtootsie42
04-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Fun, fun, fun!!! Can't wait to hear all the details when you get back!!

FamilyofDisneyFreaks
04-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Jealous, jealous, jealous. What an amazing place to start your new family!!:bride::groom:

Can't wait to hear more about the planning and the additional fun that goes along with being at Disney!

mouseketeer mom
04-12-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm right along with you for the ride Bethany! Hope your trip is/was wonderful and can't wait to read about the details!