PDA

View Full Version : Cape May?

trudisneygal
03-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi everyone! My sister and I just booked a last minute trip for spring break next week, and we decided to try out the quick service dining plan, but we really wanted a character breakfast at least once while we are there. So, we called and the only thing we could get is Cape May. I've never eaten there before. Can anyone tell me anything about it? Which characters are there, and how is it?

DANAM
03-30-2009, 06:21 PM
The food was excellent but the wait was horrible. We arrived 30 min early thinking we would be able to get it sooner than our time or at least the time of our reservations. Big mistake we waited a total of 1 hour and 45 min for a table. The first week of May 3 years ago. The parks were practically empty the entire trip. There was no reason for the delay. I tried again for Dinner last September again 45 min wait. I will never be back there again.

MickeyMousse
03-30-2009, 06:34 PM
We did the character breakfast at Cape May last month and it was excellent! No wait when we showed up for our ressie-although it was early (9am) and there were some empty tables around us-food was great as was the service. Characters came around at least 4 times! Our DS's have asked if we could add this to our "must do's" for our next trip. :thumbsup:

markyv
03-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Mark me down for Cape May. My family has only eaten here once, but it is on our list of places to eat again come Sept. Best I can remember, the characters were Chip, Dale, Goofy, and Minnie.

playdead88
03-30-2009, 07:11 PM
the food is fabulous! we didnt have a wait either - we showed up about 20 min early for our ressies and got taken to our table right away -the characters were great and came around to the table 3 times during the bfast - have a wonderful time - plus if you plan on heading to epcot after you can walk off some of those mickey waffles :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
03-30-2009, 07:46 PM
We enjoy this character meal; it's not the chaos that the Contemporary has, so if you're looking for that, you'll be disappointed! ;)

You can write on the tablecloths - and sometimes the characters will write back; we've taken pics of their messages.

Good standard buffet. Good character interaction as it's not (usually) as crowded as some of the other "hot spots." :mickey:

spoiledraf
03-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Staying at the BC, we will be eating there five times this trip. We love it. As I recall, the new characters are Minnie, Goofy and Donald, all in beach attire.

thejens
03-30-2009, 11:14 PM
One of my favorites. Great buffet and nice relaxed atmosphere. I believe we saw Chip and Dale and Minnie and Mickey and maybe Goofy too all dressed in beach themed outfits. Have fun!

Nini5055
03-31-2009, 09:45 AM
We loved this character breakfast!!! My dd7 asked to go back there on our trip in May...so we a definately going back. Last year during free dining, we only waited 5 minutes and were seated. :thumbsup: The food was great and the characters spent ample time with us and yes, they wrote on the "tablecloth" (paper). We have great pictures with the characters and the atmosphere is light, airy and fun.

It is worth it to see Stormalong Bay too! This is one resort I want to stay at next time!!!:mickey:

brownie
03-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Our favorite character breakfast! We try to go every trip. You'll find Goofy, Minnie, and Chip & Dale. I like how the buffet is arranged in a square, it seems to make it less crowded. I hope you enjoy it!

Nicki'sMom
04-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Good food! I enjoy Disney breakfast SO much. We really liked this. Had a bit of a wait to get in but once there it was very relaxing and characters were GREAT. We have wonderful pix of our then 2 1/2 year old (now 5) They spent a lot of time with her and the restaurant was full.