PDA

View Full Version : Second Week of June

Dulcee
03-30-2009, 04:44 PM
My DBF and I are headed to WDW from June 7th - June 14th. I've only ever been to Disney in the peak of the summer ( July 4th-ish to mid august) when crowds are pretty heavy. He's only gone during quiet periods when you can walk on to most attractiosn after only a few minute wait.

Whats it like during this time of year? DBF can get cranky :blush: and I'd rather prepare him for long lines ahead of time :D

Gregandmel
03-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Sounds like you'll be somewhere in the middle with what you are used to. Crowds might be a bit smaller for you since you are used to HEAVY crowds, and a bit worse for DBF who is used to walk-on. Mid-June is certainly going to be a busier time since schools are letting out and the crowds are coming in. I"d prepare him for crowds, and have a plan each day on what you want to do. I think you can get a lot done if you are there at rope drop and "walk with a purpose" between attractions. Once you've done everythign you want at that park, you can slow down a bit, or maybe come back later in the evening when it cools down a bit and crowds may thin out. Regardless - just have a plan - and have a blast!!!

spoiledraf
03-30-2009, 09:57 PM
We'll be there the same week with a few first timers. We are October visitors so this will be a shock to the system, both for crowds and heat. Wehave gone this time week in the past, but many years ago.

MOJoe
03-31-2009, 10:56 AM
We too will be in WDW that week, at the BC. :cool:

As far as crowds go, Gregandmel has it spot on. Busy, but manageable. But in addition to that, your DBF may not be expecting the heat and afternoon thunderstorms that are a daily June event. The humidity can add a great deal to everyone's "cranky factor." So be prepared for that too!

Woozle
04-01-2009, 07:58 PM
We will be there then too. We were there in mid June a few years ago and it wasn't too horrible.

Dulcee
04-01-2009, 08:27 PM
But in addition to that, your DBF may not be expecting the heat and afternoon thunderstorms that are a daily June event. The humidity can add a great deal to everyone's "cranky factor." So be prepared for that too!

Yeahhh his big irish self is already dreading the heat. :flame: I'm going to try to remember to be nice and not run him ragged on day one :)

Thanks for your help guys!