PDA

View Full Version : Boma?

Nicki'sMom
03-30-2009, 04:25 PM
I am thinking about trying Boma this time with my parents, husband, 5 year old and one year old. Can you tell me about the expeience and if we go there for dinner is there a public place to observe any animals before we go in to eat?

vicster
03-30-2009, 04:41 PM
We love Boma and eat there every year. You can view the savannah - just go through the lobby and out the back. The kids will love it.

Nicki'sMom
03-30-2009, 05:26 PM
great! thanks for the tip:mickey:

brewcrew26
03-30-2009, 05:31 PM
You can't go wrong with Boma. It's one of the best buffets onsite IMHO. We've been for both breakfast and dinner now. The service has been excellent and the food is top-notch. There's something even for the picky eaters. The savannah is a great place to view the animals especially after the meal since you can linger around. If you're there at the right time, you can sit by the firepit where they have story-telling. Be sure to check out the artwork all around the lobby area, too.

SAHDad
03-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Boma is great. There is a selection of fairly typical "American" fare - chicken nuggets and the like - for those who are not feeling terribly adventurous, but I really recommend trying as much as possible.

And there are plenty of public spaces from which to view the animals. Check out the art in the lobby, wander out onto the savanna view, and so forth.

Belle_0717
03-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Boma is great. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is great. You can look at the animals either before or after dinner. If you get there early enough the kids can do a hidden mickey safari around the hotel. We took our family there on our last trip and they loved it, especially our 2yr nephew.

PlutoPlanet
03-31-2009, 12:09 PM
We make a point of eating at Boma twice each trip. They have enough kid food. The African inspired food is impossible for us to find near home. When we don't stay at AKL we get there in time to look at the Savannah animals.

ThanxForNoticin
03-31-2009, 12:45 PM
Another BIG thumbs-up for Boma. The food, service, and experience are amazing - definitely one of our favorites for a long time. As mentioned, there are many places to view the animals around the resort. One savannah to consider is very convenient from Boma - Boma is located on the first floor of the resort. If you go out the doors by the Boma entrance you'll see the pool. On the other side of the pool are several viewing areas you can enjoy. Have a great time!

thesplashmountaineer
03-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Quick question?
From AK, can we go to the Animal Kingdom Lodge by walk or do we have to take a bus?

Disney Doll
03-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Another Boma recommendation. Boma is excellent!

Quick question?
From AK, can we go to the Animal Kingdom Lodge by walk or do we have to take a bus?

I'm not sure how far it is. It's a short bus ride, but it's probably too far to walk. Plus, I'm not sure if they even have walking paths.

NJGIRL
03-31-2009, 03:45 PM
We stayed at the Animal Kingdom before and have eaten at BOMA (for breakfast). There are many viewing spots for the animals through out the property but we found that you could see the most animals in the morning. You might want to have breakfast there instead. Just a thought.

ThanxForNoticin
03-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Quick question?

No, unfortunately, it's by bus only - no way to walk between the two. On the other hand, it is a short bus ride, and it's usually pretty easy to catch one between AK and AKL.

Crow
03-31-2009, 11:52 PM
ive avoided Boma since i met my ex there, but Im going in 2 wks w my nephews.
I think you will like it.
as soon as you walk in the lobby keep going to the back & down the stairs to the animal viewing area.
the lobby is great, designed by the same people that did WL i hear.
i plan on taking the bus from AK to here, then going back to EMH afterwards at AK. its very close.

LandFan
04-01-2009, 09:35 AM
We love BOMA! We usually do it (or Jiko) the day we are at AK. We really liked staying at AKL too - it's very cool, calming and restful as a resort. As stated above, there is a big viewing area right out the back side of the lobby. They also tell stories around the campfire at night and there are nightvision goggles so you can view the animals in the dark. It's a pretty cool place! Oh, there is an oval room off to the left (just past the check-in desks) that offers animal viewing and there is usually someone from Africa in there to talk to you about the animals as well.

joonyer
04-01-2009, 02:15 PM
When we went to Boma, my boys (12 & 9 at the time) liked having the familiar foods (mac & cheese, etc.) but they also tried and enjoyed some of the more exotic fare. They both absolutely loved the flame broiled flank steak (me , too). YUMMY!. But I don't know for sure if that is still 0on the menu there. We really enjoyed Boma and will go back on our next visit.

ShanPooh
04-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Another vote for Boma :number1:
It's a must do for us. Next time we go I know my DH would like to have breakfast and dinner there. DD (4) is a very adventurous eater and she loves soups, so she is in her element. DS (almost 8) is very picky but will make his way through enough chicken nuggets, chocolate milk, and zebra domes to make it worthwhile for him.
For breakfast there is SO much variety for everybody - gotta love the frunch :)