PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading your room upon arrival?

ljv1975
03-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Is it possible to upgrade your room when checking in? For example, from a standard room to a MK view at the Grand Floridian. If there are rooms available can you pay the difference and get upgraded? Has anyone ever done this? Thanks a lot!

Strmchsr
03-30-2009, 03:12 PM
If rooms are available, yes, you can do the upgrade and pay the difference. You want to be careful, though, as if you are arriving on a promotion of some sort it can mess up your package discount as only a certain number of rooms are released on package discounts.

kakn7294
03-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Like Chris said, you can ask and if rooms are available, you can pay the difference to upgrade. Just be sure that you keep all the same features of your package (if you have a package) so you don't end up unpleasantly surprised.

DANAM
03-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Be careful with the upgrades we did this for our last trip. We moved to a prefered room and added a night and when I was reviewing the bill on the way home I noticed they tacked on that little $50 reservation change fee because it was within the 45 days. Had I know that I wouldn't have done it and since it was an upgrade I was shocked. I called Disney as soon as we made it home and they said that there was nothing they could do because the resevation was closed and all balances where paid. So just be careful to get a new copy of the charges before you leave the front desk.