PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Help

IloveJack
03-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Could you see if there are any problems with my dining plan, or suggest any places to eat that would fit into our trip plan? We're using free dining for 3 nights/4 days, so we'll have 3 TS, 3 CS, and 3 snacks. Oh, and there are two adults, and a baby (turning 1 on Thursday, and the reason behind wanting to eat at CRT that morning).

Wednesday, 9/30 EPCOT
Breakfast: On the road
Lunch: Need a CS
Dinner: Rose and Crown Pub (TS)

Thursday, 10/1 MK
Breakfast: CRT (OOP) or 1900PF
Lunch: Snack Credit
Dinner: We may hop to DHS to see Fantasmic... haven't decided if it's worth the price of the hopper pass Need a CS

Friday, 10/2 AK
Breakfast: Snack credit at the food court
Lunch: Flame Tree (CS)
Dinner: We'll be going to MK for MNSSHP. (TS maybe)

Saturday, 10/3 MK (unless we really want to go to DHS for a day... probably not, since we'll be with a just-turned 1 year old.
Breakfast: (TS maybe)
Lunch: Snack Credit
Dinner: On the road

Issues:
Would it be cheaper to pay for 1900 Park Fare (assuming I don't get the ADR for CRT) or Chef Mickey's out of pocket?
Are there characters at Chef Mickey's for dinner? If so, would it be feasible to eat there for dinner between the AK and MNSSHP on Friday?

LandFan
03-30-2009, 02:48 PM
I think Chef Mickey's in between AK and MNSSHP is a good idea. I am personally not fond of the sit down places in MK - now that they've taken characters away from LTT I just don't think the food alone is worth it. I was going to suggest eating somewhere on the monorail loop before going to MNSSHP - Chef Mickey's might be just perfect for the little one.

For lunch on the first day, Sunshine Seasons offers a bunch of different options and if you are waiting for a fastpass return time, it makes a great place to sit! If you are looking for more exotic fare there is the Tangerine Cafe. DH likes Yorkshire fish n chips a lot too.

As for the day you need a CS dinner and aren't sure if you are going to Fantasmic... I would suggest Cosmic Ray's for dinner. It also has many good choices and has entertainment for the little one. I would not suggest eating counter service at DHS - really - there is not much worth eating in the CS department over there:( If you have to eat over there, then Backlot Express is probably the best of the lot.

As for your last day, you could always do O'hana's for a character breakfast - it might be a nice send off...:mickey:

Hope this helps...JMHO:D

GoofyforFun
03-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Not sure where you are staying? But last time we used our CS at the resort food court..BF was good and enough to tie you over with a snack somedays or just OOP others for lunch.
CM for diner is a great choice. Characters are MM, MM, Goofy, Pluto They do some song and dance when they come around its fun.

DANAM
03-31-2009, 11:18 AM
Did you realize the CRT is a signature dining and you would be using 2 of your TS credits here.

If I understand you correctly you want to know is it cheaper to pay for CM and 1900 or use the 2 TS for CRT. I would pay for CRT. The cost there is $35 per adult for breakfast and CM and 1900 are about $30 each for dinner and about $22 or so for breakfast.

By the way you have picked great spots but I would suggest an early dinner on the night before MNSSHP. They open the parks to MNSSHP guest at 4pm so you woudn't have to use park hopper. Not knowing we could get in for 4pm we went to CM for 5pm before MNSSHP year before last and didn't get to the party until after 7pm it was packed in there. We waited a while for our table. We now eat late lunch around 2:30 or 3pm or CS before we go to the parties.

IloveJack
03-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Did you realize the CRT is a signature dining and you would be using 2 of your TS credits here.

If I understand you correctly you want to know is it cheaper to pay for CM and 1900 or use the 2 TS for CRT. I would pay for CRT. The cost there is $35 per adult for breakfast and CM and 1900 are about $30 each for dinner and about $22 or so for breakfast.

I do know that CRT is signature dining, and plan to pay for it out of pocket (OOP) if I get the ADR. But if I don't, I plan to use one more TS than we get. So I'm wondering which is cheaper, CM's for dinner or 1900PF for breakfast?

tinksmom02
03-31-2009, 01:11 PM
I think most buffets are cheaper for breakfast than for dinner.

Nini5055
03-31-2009, 03:18 PM
Well, with a just turning 1 year old I would recommend Breakfast at Crystal Palace with Winnie The Pooh & Friends. I started taking my dd when she was 4 and she still loves it (she is 7 now)!!!

That is just my suggestion. :thumbsup: We are skipping CRT on our May trip and doing 1900 Park Fare and Princess Storybook Akershus in Norway for our princess fix. I just don't see a 1 year old getting much out of the princess characters...they are more likely to recognize their age groups characters (again, just my opinion). I think at that age that Lilo & Stitch at Ohanas might be too much (would have been for my dd:confused:).

For the Mouse & Friends, I would suggest either Chef Mickey (can be very noisy) or Cape May Cafe Breakfast on your last day (we love Cape May...it is so relaxing and the characters are fun!)