PDA

View Full Version : booking flights

Suz36
03-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Do you always book flights round-trip or have you ever done them separately one-way? For our next trip, we can get a $54 fare coming home, but going down is at $137. I want to wait for the one to drop, but I'm afraid I'll lose the other if I wait. Is there any extra fee booking them separately? Thanks in advance!

LandFan
03-30-2009, 11:05 AM
I've started booking them separately myself. I find that it pays to shop! I have not personally found any downside to doing this yet.

It really helped out last THanksgiving. I booked our tix back home fairly early through Airtran because there were very good prices on that flight right away but I waited quite a while for the trip down because it was on Thanksgiving day and the original prices were too high. I finally booked with Southwest and got decent prices. I checked prices again two days before we left and found that prices for the Thanksgiving day flight had dropped like a rock and were $59 a piece (originally $129)! So rebooked the flight easily (Southwest is the best at this!) and got a huge credit that we'll be using this summer on our next tickets.

I've never seen any fee issues with booking them separately.

I'm sure others will be along with more advice shortly.

Tinkerbellaella
03-30-2009, 11:21 AM
We booked separately. I checked all the airlines in the early am and then again in the pm. We had our flight there for a couple of weeks before I booked our flight home. We are using different airline to get home. There was no fee from either airlines to do this. In fact, as stated above, the price at Southwest went down and rebooked the flight t the lower fare.

Suz36
03-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Here's another question - does it mess up Magical Express and resort check-in if the flights are separate, even different airlines?

Dream'nDisney
03-30-2009, 01:22 PM
I booked our flight to WDW separate, because the return flight became unavailable while I was trying to book it. :( Fortunately, it was a good sign, because I waited a day, and we decided to change our dates anyway, so we got it at a cheaper rate. I have been watching both our flights, and they have both gone up considerably! I'm so glad I booked when I did. It's like playing the lotto. lol I thought they'd go down, but they probably increase the rate as the plane fills up. So be careful not to wait too long.

ME requests information, such as airline and flight number each way, so it shouldn't matter if you book separate airlines.

Good luck! :mickey:

LandFan
03-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Here's another question - does it mess up Magical Express and resort check-in if the flights are separate, even different airlines?

Nope. Not at all. They ask for flight numbers/airlines for each way so its not a problem at all.