PDA

View Full Version : Spoodles Pizza Window?

PrettyMinnie
03-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Does this count as a Counter Service? Is it a long line? I'm just weary of planning on going to the pizza window when I'm not really sure what it is.

Seasonscraps
03-30-2009, 10:20 AM
I am 99% sure you can get a slice of pizza with a beverage & dessert with a CS credit.

ElenitaB
03-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Yes, it would count as a CS, while it's still open.

Just my :twocents: but the pizza at the Spoodles window was the second worst pizza I've ever had in my life. The first prize goes to the pizza delivered to our room at POFQ in 2002 (but we were starved so we ate it).

Personally, I'd recommend checking out the sandwiches at the Boardwalk Bakery for a CS credit, or paying OOP at one of the stands on the Boardwalk.

PlutoPlanet
03-31-2009, 12:12 PM
I agree that the pizza at Spoodles is lousy.

CanadianWDWFan
03-31-2009, 12:37 PM
While it might not be the best pizza, it sure does quiet our kids down when they want a pizza!:D

I agree with Ellen, go look in the bakery for better choices.

PrettyMinnie
03-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Ok, I am taking your advice on the bakery, but just to be clear, what type of food is offered. I looked for a menu of some sort, but couldn't find it. I'm assuming it doesn't have a full out menu but maybe a list?

ElenitaB
03-31-2009, 09:51 PM
They change their offerings quite often. When we were last there for sandwiches, they had a variety of wraps and baguette-type sandwiches. I think they're now into panninis of a variety of different types and wraps. Their food is quite good and the desserts heavenly.

As I mentioned earlier, there are several stands on the Boardwalk that are open in the evening: you can get "Boardwalk food" (kind of like we get at Coney Island): meatball subs, hot dogs, chili dogs, corn dogs, chicken fingers, nachos, onion rings, funnel cakes, etc. Not the healthiest of choices but fun.

MidnTPK
04-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Just my :twocents: but the pizza at the Spoodles window was the second worst pizza I've ever had in my life.
Yes, but being from Brooklyn, you're standards for pizza are too high! I was once from NY and also knew what good pizza was, but now I'm just happy when its warm and doesn't get me sick. And the Spoodles pizza window met that standard many times for me.

Personally, I'd recommend checking out the sandwiches at the Boardwalk Bakery for a CS credit, or paying OOP at one of the stands on the Boardwalk.
I agree that the bakery is a great use of CS credit....second only to Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD. But maybe that's because you can get one of the fantastic desserts as your CS meal dessert.

Anyway, onto why I re-ignited this thread: anybody know what they'll do with the window when the new Cora restaurant takes over Spoodle's space. While I'll agree that the Pizza could have been better, I'd hate to lose one of the few places in the Boardwalk area to get a quick hot non-sit-down meal.

Villains0501
04-08-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm pretty sure it's CS, but it could be SD

ElenitaB
04-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Yes, but being from Brooklyn, you're standards for pizza are too high! I was once from NY and also knew what good pizza was, but now I'm just happy when its warm and doesn't get me sick. And the Spoodles pizza window met that standard many times for me.
True... however, I've lived all over the world (all over Spain, upstate NY, San Diego, Chicago [another great pizza city], Central America) so I've seen all kinds of pizza. Even at that... Spoodles still ranks as the second worst! LOL