PDA

View Full Version : Bowling?

missymouseworld
03-30-2009, 07:02 AM
I know WDW resort has miniature golf, but does anyone know if they have a bowling alley on site? Just curious.....my son is on his high school team and we were wondering if they have one there...maybe at the Sports complex?

By the way, his team won it's second back-to-back NJ State High School bowling championship!! (had to brag:mickey:)

j&j
03-30-2009, 07:44 AM
sorry never heard or saw one.:mickey::mickey::mickey:

TheRustyScupper
03-30-2009, 12:29 PM
maybe at the Sports complex?

Is bowling a sport?

:unsure:

MNNHFLTX
03-30-2009, 12:55 PM
No bowling alley on-site right now, but according to what I've heard, plans (and construction?) are underway for a massive bowling stadium (supposedly with 100 lanes) to be completed in 2010 at the Wide World of Sports complex. Apparently this is accommodate numerous tournaments to be held thereafter and open bowling times for guests.

missymouseworld
03-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Is bowling a sport?

Yes, bowling is considered a sport, however, many people question that. As a matter of fact, they are looking into putting it into the Olympics....From what I have read, it is the fastest growing participation sport right now.

I guess many people question the idea of some activities being "sports" like ping pong, shuffleboard, golf, archery, curling.....

Glad to hear that they are planning something to be built in Disney. My son will be happy to hear it.

joelkfla
03-31-2009, 08:59 PM
No bowling alley on-site right now, but according to what I've heard, plans (and construction?) are underway for a massive bowling stadium (supposedly with 100 lanes) to be completed in 2010 at the Wide World of Sports complex. Apparently this is accommodate numerous tournaments to be held thereafter and open bowling times for guests.
Unfortunately, this project also has been put on hold due to the economic conditions.

missymouseworld
04-01-2009, 06:45 AM
Oh, snap! Hopefully things will turn around for everything/everyone.