PDA

View Full Version : Changes at AKL

thejens
03-30-2009, 12:24 AM
I am looking forward to staying at the AKL the first week of June. I am curious about the expansion. Has there been a big change so far? I understand that the new restaurant will be open in May? Will the new pool etc. be open? Is this area open to regular guests or just the vacation club folks? I absolutely love this resort and am intrigued by anything new added. Just curious.

playdead88
03-30-2009, 06:08 AM
we are staying for the 1st time over memorial day week - from what you read on all the websites it certainly does look like the new restaurants and pool will be open as of may 1st but being the type A OCD planner i am i booked for jambo house rather than kadani just in case :blush: i figure we have years of akl being our home resort - i think the only pool restrictions will be people from outside the animal kindgdom resort - i can't wait to get there and check it all out - i will make sure to post our findings when we get back :mickey:

thejens
03-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks playdead!!! I LOVE this resort and fantasize about joining the DVC and making it my home resort. :cloud9:The idea of it being bigger or having another pool and a new restaurant is almost more than I can stand! The only worry I have is that I loved it so much before, I hope it is still as wonderful.