PDA

View Full Version : Por

Insanity Clause
03-29-2009, 07:20 PM
I have two questions: First does anyone know if POR has safe's in the rooms? We will be staying in the Alligator Bayou portion of the resort.

The second question: This is purely off topic and just a matter of curiosity. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the keys to the kingdom look like? Are they just your standard key cards or do they have designs or characters on them. I know this is a silly question but we have never stayed on property before and I can't even begin to tell you how excited my wole family is so please bear with me.

sassafras
03-29-2009, 08:33 PM
The rooms at POR have a small safe in the dressing areas. We've stayed in Alligator Bayou several times and always used the safes. As for your other questions, about the Keys to the Kingdom, if you're talking about room keys, ours have had different designs. Not sure what characters lately, but DH had had Mickey and the whole gang back in'01. In 07, I had the castle with Tink flying around it on the one corner. I think they may vary. :scratch::shrug:Maybe someone else will know for sure.

lindique
03-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes, Port Orleans has safes, but they are very small. You will find it behind the curtain that divides the room from the bathroom. The safe will easily hold money and credit cards, but will not hold a full size notebook computer. It will, however, hold a netbook (9" screen), a small camera, or a portable dvd player. A camcorder might be too thick to fit.

As for the keys, they are standard credit card size. I was last there in February, and they still were using the "Where dreams come true" pattern - purple color, with clouds and the castle, with a tiny Tinkerbell flying overhead. They usually change them every time there is a theme change - I don't know if they are still using these or if they have changed to "Celebration" cards.

TheDuckRocks
03-30-2009, 10:36 AM
The key cards are always cute and Disney themed and I keep mine and put them in my photo album for each trip. They are not your usual boring solid color things you get from most hotels.